Register now to get rid of these ads!

Advice needed please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nick O, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Nick O

Nick O
    from Ohio

I am in the very early build stages of a 30 closed cab Model A Pick up and thinking about chopping the top. My question is how much should I chop it, 2", 3" or ?? I know seat room and leg room in a truck will be limited verses a coupe where the seat can be moved back a little more. I just personally think the PU will look nice with a little chop on the top, I know some will be against this, i guess its just personal preference. If any one has any ideas please respond. Pictures of PU chopeed would be great if anyone has them. Thanks for your help.

2. Usually, the more the chop the better the look...but alot has to do with how tall you are? Littleman's truck is a great looking example. But, I am 6'2" and I can't even shut the door when I sit in it!

3. i love 3' chops, looks tasteful, you can tell its chopped, but it doesnt scream at every one looking at it. half these insanse chopped cars look foolish. they say 'HEY HEY HEY LOOK! LOOK IM COOL! IM TRYING TO BE COOL! LOOK!'

a small chop would be cool. it does make for less headroom tho of course.

4. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

i would think its really in the overall apperence, and like you said personal preference.

5. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Its kinda personal taste, however, make sure you mock up your seats and keep in mind any channeling plans, floor and peddle placements and give yourself some head room. that should dictate your best chop.

6. Muttley

Muttley

Copy this one and you cant go wrong.

[​IMG]

7. crapshoot

crapshoot

i would say start at 2" then go from there, its easier to cut more off than to put it back