Register now to get rid of these ads!

Advice need for a '54 International R-110 pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flyingbohemian, Sep 3, 2009.

1. flyingbohemian

flyingbohemian

I just recently bought this and need to do some cosmetic work. Mainly interior, some exterior. I could really use some advice on good places to search for both universal custom accessories(interior) and stock exterior accessories. I'm very new to this, learning as I go, and would really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. havi

havi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome, and nice "binder". Not much for any aftermarket parts for these trucks, but you can sign up on the classifieds over on www.oldihc.org

PS: I'm part Bohemian myself.

3. flyingbohemian

flyingbohemian

4. 50stude p/u

50stude p/u

Looks like a sweet buy, as my name implies I like wierd early 50s trucks :)

People will tell you "they don't make (whatever part you need)" Those people are just talking to the wrong "they"

Try doing google searches for "international parts" and vauge stuff like that. Searching for specific parts gets you nowhere. Epecially since most of the specialty sites whos products and catalog are not formatted right for search engines.

But first take off the damn Streetrod badge

5. pool

pool

Welcome aboard thats one nice old R. What chassis is under her? Parts are a little harder to come up with but keep digging and hang on to what you find for trade bait. Good luck! Pool.

6. flyingbohemian

flyingbohemian

Thanks fellas...and yes, I have already taken off that cheesy ass "streetrod" badge. I also took the "283" badge off, which is the wrong engine! Its a 400 sm block. I talked to one guy in MA who has some cosmetic stuff for this model, but wants over $450 for the "international" badge. I think I'm just gonna clean it up with no accessories at all. Any ideas are always welcomed! Remember, this is my first one, some I'm kinda flying blind.

7. Nice Binder! My buddy and I have been working on a barn find '56 R-130 lately. I hate to say it but for universal goodies, JC Whitney still aint bad.

8. pool

pool

If you are talking about the block letter side badges they were pretty universal and pop up on E-bay quite a bit. 450 is outrageous you can find decent ones for much less.

9. Real good lookin' truck. Sits nice and the rallys look cool on it too.

10. RatPin

RatPin

Scoutparts.com is a good source of parts. They sell badges for $95 each. Still too much money IMO.

I have an R-100 I'm working on currently too. Not nearly as clean as yours though.

Do you know what method was used to lower your truck? it's got a nice stance.

Good Luck!

11. twogees

twogees
    from Mid Mo.

Welcome from Mid Missouri! It's always good to see Binder fans! I like the look of that truck....sweet ride! I'm with Pool, what chassis has it got? Right now I'm down to only the one IHC...sold the green 52, but I am working on getting the 53 wired, brakes plumbed and hooking up the steering. You can see pics of the trucks on my profile page.

12. silversink

silversink

There is still a few floating around here in Oregon. We have wrecking yards that still have a good supply of parts,I found a 3 speed cable shift for my 48 KB1 a week ago at a wrecking yard in a little town 15 miles from Portland.