Register now to get rid of these ads!

Advice for bringing that barn frsh project home......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spitfire1776, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

....RUN SOME DUCT TAPE OR STRAPPING TAPE OVER ALL THE WINDOWS. I was driving over to the Lancaster skate park yesterday and low and saw a sight. The day was somewhat windy and well....this ghuy was transporting a 48 Chevy slantback.....whoosh the back window done blew right outta its holster. Window appeared to have all retainging and gasket material in place just overly rotten.

Just thought I'd put it out there, it can happen.

2. TINGLER

TINGLER

The way I look at it is this:

You are driving at 60mph. The wind is blowing at 40 mph. The object you are hauling is, at least part of the time, getting hit with 100mph winds.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe thats how it works.

3. Spitfire1776

Spitfire1776
    from York, PA

Thats my point. And wouldn't it suck if its perfect hard to find glass piece.

Not to mention any insurance fiasco if the glass in question became an object accident involving another individual on said road.

4. DrJ

DrJ

That would be sad if it was a free parts car that the deal was he just had to haul the whole thing away and all he really wanted was the back glass..
    (I bought a whole, running, '55 Olds once just for one piece of 1/4 panel stainless trim.)