Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Adventures of Bad Bob #8....Tom Sparks Open House!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Jul 29, 2010.

1. I was looking forward to attending this event every year. Too bad...He told some great stories.

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I was at his house in 2003 and he and his wife were exemplary hosts. It was amazing standing amidst all that history. And still even then I didn't fully appreciate how special it was to be standing there until a few years later.

3. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I was talking with Bud Meyer recently about the Hot Rod DeLuxe article on Tommy Sparks and sent him a copy of the magazine.....Bud and his dad gave Tommy one of his first, if not THE first jobs he ever held right out of high school......

Bud and Tommy had remained very close friends until Tommy passed.......Bud has outlived just about all of these legendary guys....

Just another note.......Ray Brown was another fellow whom you may have heard of who got his first job in the Eddie Meyer Shop......

I am awaiting a critique of the article from Bud......I am sure he will have a wonderful commentary on it......

CB

4. I know it was awhile ago, but did you go in the house? Tommy's wife collected some cool stuff too. She had a couple hundred, what Tommy told me were "bone dishes". If you had ribs or chicken or something like that for dinner, you had a smaller "bone dish" next to your main plate of food for the bones to set in after you ate the meat off them. I remember a lot of them being very ornate

5. I posted all the pic's I took,in the house,his shop with all the cool diecast,Tether cars,etc. The inside of the housewas really cool. You might see some of the stuff in the background.

6. Dang Bob , if I could go to a tenth of the places you go I would consider myself a very lucky guy. But you my friend are a GOD. Some guys really got it made!! I always look forward to your excellent picture adventures , thanks for sharing , MItch.

7. I'm just lucky. Right place at the right time....

8. You ain't shittin !!!!

9. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

WOW WOW WOW....Had to wipe the chin and change my shirt from the drool.
    You could probably spend a few days there and still not see it all by the looks.
    Thanks for letting us tag along !!!! :cool:

10. FLASH BACK FRIDAY! ENJOY....

11. Thought some of the newer guys would appreciate this thread. Tom Sparks had so much history in Hotrodding and racing....

Tim and DAG74 like this.