Register now to get rid of these ads!

Adjustable suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by baggedchevyss, Jun 28, 2009.

1. I have a feeling i will have my ass handed to me for even asking such a thing but.........Breaking all the traditions of a solid mounted suspension on an open wheel car/truck If one was able to accomplish an adjustable suspension and keep a traditional look would it still be looked down upon? I like the idea of a super low truck but I am realistic of a reasonable ride height but have been spoiled for years with Airbags. Thoughts ?

2. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Build what YOU want , NOT what everyone else wants it to look like .
    IT'S YOUR ROD SO DO WHAT YOU WANT TO IT ! Whatever you do just be happy with it !

Got any pics so we can see ?

3. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Oxymoron.....
    I can't figure if you mean IRS...solid mounted...bagged or what!?!?

Whatever...ultimately you worry too much.

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

just remember if you have it low and can't adjust make sure you can drive it safely down the streets and be able to get into driveways and places like that .
    The roads here in Pa. are living hell and you have to be real careful if you have a low ride !

5. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

6. Get creative and hide it. Think cantalever! You shouldnt give a rats ass what anyone else thinks, but I haven't seen an exposed front airbag setup on a fenderless car that isn't butt ugly. But who cares what I think!
    Just looked at the link above. looks like that would work.

7. cretin

cretin

If you ask me, airbags don't belong on a hot rod. I have never seen one that wasn't ugly and I doubt I ever will. Traditional components on a hot rod just look "right".

8. You would never see the bags they are hidden inside the cab under the dash or under the seat. I have used a system several times on mini trucks that is a closed loop hydro over air set up. all you would see up front is a chrome cylinder that resembles a shock. everything else is out of sight.

9. Hip

Hip

I was faced with this delema, and decided on bags, but i hid them real good to the point where guys ask me, "is this bagged"?

10. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Tell me more. I'm looking at a steel-over-hydraulic roll-control system on one of my projects (http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=374184). I'd really appreciate some input from someone who's got some practical experience of hydraulics.