Register now to get rid of these ads!

adios

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fenian65, May 18, 2009.

1. fenian65

fenian65

due to lack of space,time and money im gonna sell my 52 dodge so i would like to say it has been fun reading the posts and seein the pics of your projects ill check back from time to time to see the progress of the cool cars and stuff but i must say adios

2. Scott F.

Scott F.

Happy Trails, but if this is truly in you, you will be back.
    Sometimes I get discouraged about space, time and money too but I get over it. My 53 Dodge looks like a turd and there is always a ton of stuff that needs to be done to it but somehow I always seem to find perspective and to realize that I would be very unhappy if I gave up on it and sold it. If you have to sell it and save for a while to get something else or wait til you have a place to work on it, that is OK. I just found this world about a year ago and it is my passion. I wish I hadn't pissed away 35 years of my life doing other stuff(wife and kids not withstanding).
    By the way, is it in the classys yet?

Scott

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  3. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Just because the car has to go, doesn't mean the Hamb has to. It's free and takes up no space.

4. I agree, but when you have no car and no $$.., it can be very discouraging being on the HAMB... and definitley hard to be content in your circumstances. I only lurked here until I got my coupe.

That being said, no reason to go, stick around..

5. storm king

storm king

I dunno, I've had to stop work on all of my projects for a time, put them in storage where I couldn't work on them if I had the dicretionary cash, but this is about a lifestyle and a passion, not about what I'm doing at the moment. I wouldn't stop coming here anymore than I would stop visiting the aircraft sites because I'm not flying at this time. It's still what I love; and I can live it vicariously through everyone else!

6. my car is a shopping cart and i live in a box, but i'm still here. later dude......

7. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

you can still stick around here. It'll help keep the fire burning until you get squared away

8. screwball

screwball

I know how you feel but I havent found autoholics annomous yet. I was just saying the same thing to the wife ditch the cars and do nothing automotive this summer. OH yeah my compressor just died I ran out of grinding discs cant find the right drill bit. Its monday right.

9. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Plenty of old cars around. If you want another, I am sure one will find your way.

You don't have to have an old car to be into them and don't need to have one to be on the hamb. I am sure there is a good percentage of hambers who don't even have a car or have one at all times.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

10. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

You don't have to have a car to be a car guy. Takes more then $10,000 and 10 miles to make someone a rodder.

11. Yeah, I know. All I was sayin' is that I know how depressing it can be to be a car guy without a car and cash. I've been there... It's bittersweet to go to shows, or be on the HAMB.. ya dig? It's kinda like taking a vow of celibacy and then hanging out in Nudie bars.... haha, bad analogy..

12. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

So then you hang out, READ, and learn all you can.

13. fuck adios! you aint goin no where man the HAMB is more addictive than crack!!

14. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I myself have not had any time or the funds to get any thing done on my project , or even get the 55 out of the garage.. Tough times are on almost every ones plate.. .May I say. stay onboard. things change as they always do.. even when there nothing to post about ,that catches your eye.. the reading is good..

15. von zipper

von zipper

Hello, I'm Von Zipper, and I am a AUTOHOLIC!! Say it loud!! Say it PROUD!! I can't stop my addiction here! never will! no reason to leave now! you may come back and see electric hot rods! UGH!!!!!!!!!

16. fenian65

fenian65

i hate to bow to peer pressure but i will give it a shot besides the wife was ready to kick my ass for wanting to get rid of the car she says we'll have to budget some car money somehow even found me a place to work on it seems a lady she works with's hubby is a gearhead and so here i will stay...and thanx for the support you folks are awesome

17. mackster

mackster

That didnt take long! welcome back! I think you have to do another introduction.:confused: HA HA HA. . .just playing!:D

18. BBobb

BBobb

Brother,once you have taken that first ride in your rod after busting your ass all weekend to get her running and felling that certain way it's all over with.You are done for life.Hang around and learn a little more every time you log in and getting ready to tackle you your next ride.Good Luck

19. neo_pop_71

neo_pop_71

Smart move Fenian... hang onto your ride and give your lil' lady a smooch, she cares about your happiness! God knows I've made some rash foolish decisions with my rides and wondered what the hell I did that for... dummy!

Financial relief is quickly spent, gone, and forgotten about with the guarantee of more bills on the way. Hangin' onto my truck even though the funds aren't there, still brings me joy to walk in the garage and see that ugly turd because I know one day it'll be great. You can always sand or polish something, elbow grease is cheap and always available. Leaving the HAMB would be doing yourself wrong, with or without a car! There are genuinely great people on this board, good people who care about one another and make themselves available to lend a hand. You can't always find that!

Besides, say you dump your ride and pay some bills, what then? Watch the TV? No thanks! That's got no soul!!! How crappy are you going to feel when the bills roll in, you're stressed, and now you have to car to go work on? Fucked down the river is where you're heading! Then what? More TV?

Don't let go of that car or your gal... from the sounds of it... your doin' well, probably better than most! Most don't have a car they love or someone that cares! Looks like you're doing really well to me!

Stiff upper lip and all that cliche crap!

-DON-

p.s. I know how lucky I am! I got a '57 F100 turd in the garage and a great gal that cares about me plus a 4 year old that thinks I'm a king! Mighty blessed am I!!!

20. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

Good for you and your wife!

Way cool...

I HATE to see anyone quit old cars.... it is just wrong...