Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Adams Racing Flathead?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Rusty Knutts, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Rusty Knutts

Rusty Knutts

Guys I purchased a vintage full house (59 Series) flathead a few years back that has "ported and relieved by Adams Racing, W. F. Texas" stamped on the intake surface. I can see why they wanted their name on it, very nice work. I thought the W. F. might stand for Wichita Falls? Just wondered if anybody may have heard of them or might have any history. Thanks

2. kidcampbell71

kidcampbell71

3. Pictures please.

4. Rusty Knutts

Rusty Knutts

PB300479.JPG PB300478.JPG PB300476.JPG PB300475.JPG PB300473.JPG Hope they showed up?

Jet96 likes this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Elrod

Elrod

I'm wondering if this is an engine that Paul Adams did with his dad. Karl?

6. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

Nice motor. Stroker crank, adjustable lifters. More good stuff to come I'm sure. Sorry I'm not familiar with the builders though.

7. Nothing to add but nice....did a search but there is a RRR machine in W. Falls - a maybe ? Wonder when it was done ?

8. Rusty Knutts

Rusty Knutts

Wish I knew? The guy I bought if from found it in the back of a 48 Ford panel truck and that's all the history he could give me. I think it might have (or hoping) a 404 Isky but haven't pulled the cover. It looks like the radius lifters? Cam has the button on the end and was running the late 3 bolt dizzy. Some felt like the blue valves meant nitro? Posted on the barn a few years ago but no response. May never know? Thanks fellas!

9. View attachment 3648224

The lifters are adjustable and radiused. See the little piece of wire that is bent over on the side of the lifter bore, that is the anti-rotation pin. You can also see the anti-rotation notch ground in the side of the lifter. Nice find, I am actually a little jealous that it is not mine.

10. christmas tree

christmas tree

Isky radius tappets were not adjustable however Crane were. Clay Smith also ground a radius tappet but I do not know if adj. or no adj.