Register now to get rid of these ads!

Acting like a tourist @ Bob's Big Boy.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OL 55, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Taking the advice of you HAMBr's in Ca., I decided to check out the Friday night cruise nite @ Bob's while in town for the GNRS. The locals said attendance was down because it was cold.........cold?! It was 60 degrees, you pussies! :rolleyes: Anyway.....here are some pic's.

Attached Files:

2. Big Tony

Big Tony

60 degree's !!!!! good golly miss molly thats perfect weather

4. Ed ke6bnl

Ed ke6bnl

5. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

I used to hit there every friday night and by the time I got there it was so damn full that you had to do what we called the "Bob's 500" Drive round and round the lot until some guy in a minivan decides to leave then everyone would fight over it .LOL Aaaaaa....The good ol days.

6. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Thats the problem we here in California have been so spoiled by our weather we don't even realize it. 60 degrees may not be cold to you guys that have real cold weather. But you have to remember that our weather averages about a comfortable 85 degrees year round. So with that in mind 60 degrees is cold to us. Whats even worse is that on just about any given day you could drive around all day and not see one hot rod on the road. It seems guys only come out when there is a car show..... Lucky

7. yeah that's right we think 60 degrees is cold...but we also think the chicks that you think are 10's are only so-so...it's hard living in Paradise and somebody has to be in charge of quality control...Bob's Big Boy can be a disappointment...Donut Derelicts is still one of the best and when it's over you still got most of the day left to get stuff done

8. i was there! i was there with my 50 buick seeedan! i go every friday, during our "winter months" its really not that exciting, but as soon as spring rolls around its going to start getting packed again. i love bobs, mostly because its one of the most low key crusie ins around. donut derelects is amazing too, dont get me wrong.

9. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I did the same thing when I was there a few years ago. It was packed then, about 70° in October. Good times!

10. Ed ke6bnl

Ed ke6bnl

or you park in a non parking space as long as possible till the police come by and chase you out. And you do the same thing all over again. ED

11. sandimasguy

sandimasguy

may be a stupid question but which bobs is it at?

12. TimDavis

TimDavis

I was there around 8 or so - I thought the turnout was pretty good....saw a real 427 cobra - very cool - a unrestored GT350, the stocker '26 caddy was neat....in general cool cars.

13. bigolds

bigolds

It was at Burbank..... Yeah that's right I was hangin with OL 55 and a I think he was wearin' shorts along with one of the other guys in our group!!!!!!! Christ I'll take 60 degrees anytime over this shit we got now!!!!

14. sir

sir

...GOD I'M OLD!..me and my "stonner" buddys used to pile in my "48-biuck lowrider" and go there after crusing V.N. blvd back in the mid 60's..where else you gonna go when ya got the "muncheys".....

15. usedall9

usedall9

Thats right Oddrod, you tell'em.....Hahahha

16. Django

Django
    from Chicago

For comparison, this weekend in Chicago is the Polar Bear cruise. We're expecting a high of 4°... pussys. :D ;)

17. Would that be akin to Eskimo Pie? :rolleyes:

18. that would be really f...in cold

remember that wet things freeze to cold things
    check for frost and cold cuts
    its only cold when you spit and it freezes and cracks before hitting the ground
    things are lookin up here the canceled the ice races cuz of thin ice on the lake ... spring is on the way!
    world of wheels is tomorrow
    paperdog

19. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

Hell I know grew up in the midwest and live there now did some time in Cali. with the Marines and got spoiled 60 degree winters and women who are fine as hell I don't care if they're half fake they look goooooood!No back here its 30 sumpthin I'm pulling the coupe out with no heater and driving it.Made some runs to Bob's back then to seen some good turn outs there.I miss it in California,but as I always described it "the land of fruits and nuts"lol

20. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Y'guys from out of town are funny,too bad ya didn't look me up, I'd of driven ya out there in my roadster!!!!!! I go there whenever get a chance, I don't care what the temp is, just throw a pullover on & I'm there!
    Ya do know that the GNRS was in town that weekend so like most people who enjoy good hot rods, I was @ the GNRS till it closed, My bud drove his Flatty powered 31 AV8 roadster from PoMo to his home in Northridge in that 57 degree weather driving @ speeds up to 83mph.
    Generally what shows up to Bob's in the winter months is more closed cars,muscle cars ad even some late model exotics- and this changes through out the night.
    During the summer months,like others say-it takes forvever to get through there or even find a spot to park.
    Harvey's was 3 times this restaurants size so imagine what that was like on a Friday night after 9:30pm. Bob's is a survivor, so don't beat it down just because, it wasn't a typical cruise night.
    Also-there are alternate cruise nites in the Valley as well such as Flames.
    Next time you're in town-look me up.

21. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I was there last Friday night, riding in a local guy's red model A sedan. been there quite a few times, always great

22. hot rod wille

hot rod wille

Attached Files:

23. 5w32

5w32

it was a great showing , real 427 cobra, hemi challenger, 55 cameo pickup and the volks hebmueller roadster built right here in vancouver by a good friend. you guys have it good..... roadster weather all year!!!!!!

24. lonely king

lonely king

25. I just spent 2 weeks in CA, Nevada and Arizona....I saw a 57 chevy...and that was it!! <<<Not including museums!

I had to go to Evel's house just to see a damn hotrod (...or was it a mock-rod?) in LA.

26. eric

eric

man, i live in So-Cal and i see old cars on the road ALL OF THE TIME!!! i drive my '63 ford ranchero DAILY. rain, ICE COLD (60 degree) weather =) and sweltering summer heat, bumper to bumper traffic and all. my cars ol faithfull. all the old guys even the younger guys at work tell me all the time "You can't drive a classic car daily, it'll break down!!" they all shit themselves when they see how hard i drive my car to. i put 170 miles a week Just to and from work, not even adding all the driving i do before and after and on weekends. my car has yet to break down on me and leave me stranded. looks like you just weren't in the right area PEDDRO

27. I'm not beating it down, I thought it was bitchin':D . I thought it was a pretty good turn out for a January night. We were in town for the roadster show too, but we didn't go until Saturday. Be careful with that invite......we took Kiwi Kev up in Ventura up on his invite (covered that visit on another thread). We were up there harrasing him Sunday afternoon. I'd love a ride in your roadster. Never been down the 101 in a roadster, can't think of anything cooler than cruzing in So Cal in a roadster..... maybe next time.:D
    (see shot below of visit to kiwi kev)

Attached Files:

28. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Well,
    Now I feel really bad:( Cuz you looked up Kiwi Kev instead of Cyclone Kev:D. That invite stands, just so remember that you're always welcome here! Same with you Peddro, Dude, why didn't ya give me a heads up:confused: I would have beem glad to have had for a shop tour.

29. fiveofeen

fiveofeen

my girlfriend's place is walking distance from bobs, I'll be there march.

30. OK, your on.......I usually don't get out there but every 3 years or so, but the next time I'll look you up for sure. Its cool to have a local connection when you're out of town as they know where the neat shit is hiding.........:D