Register now to get rid of these ads!

ACEScc host reliability run in scenic Trabuco Canyon RSVP ONLY 11/6/10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LaGrasta, Oct 14, 2010.

1. aces52

aces52

2. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

We can't wait! Me and Mrs. Acme are looking forward to it. My buddy Doug (Denny Crane here on the HAMB) and his girl are going too. i am working on getting a few others too.

Gunna be fun folks....sign up!

3. ACME, is it true some of your products are included in the prizes? We hope so; we dig 'em!

4. aces52

aces52

5. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Gotta laugh :cool:, someone starts a run with no overhead bias right after I move, sounds very cool can't wait for pics.

6. cruzr

cruzr

Bob, Nice talking with you........check sent in mail for myself and 32gal ,see ya Saturday!

7. 32gal

32gal
    from The OC

Looking forward to next Saturday

8. Weasel

Weasel

Okay, I'm in unless there is a last minute change of plan. This is a really neat setting for those who have not been there - totally rural with plenty of parking and the restaurant is pretty good too. Should be a fun event.

9. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

yeah its a great drive for sure- but i have to say it go easy especially on live oak, I have hit both a deer and a coyota on this road , I used to drive this road every day to get to work for several years- someone always goes too fast collides with an oak and dies on this road each year- so enjoy the drive but dont play around. now back to your regularly scheduled programming.........

10. aces52

aces52

11. aces52

aces52

12. aces52

aces52

13. Only 5 days left! All cars get a dash plaque too.

Attached Files:

14. aces52

aces52

15. We spent the day rounding up all the gifts. Trust us, you want to win!

Only 4 days left!

16. Jim

Jim

Planning on leaving in my coupe Friday morning and stay with a friend for this if all goes as planned...

See you there or somewhere on the side of the road ;) ..

17. Hey Jim, Can I ride in the rumble seat? See ya'll at the starting line....

18. 2 days to go!

19. What's the car count now?????

20. LB_Cavaliers

LB_Cavaliers
    from Long Beach

We'll see you all tomorrow!

21. aces52

aces52

Well let's just say it will be about a mile long line of car and bikes WOW are we going to have fun or what? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one more day BOB ACEScc

22. Weasel

Weasel

I stopped by there this morning and shot some photos for you guys who have not been there before. It was glorious - 84˚F and quiet. This is really the most scenic part of Orange County and another world on it's own. Tons of parking both sides and at the back of the Cantina.

I am going to post a couple of 'instructional' photos to help show the way.

The Cantina

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. Weasel

Weasel

If you are approaching from the El Toro Road/South County turn right onto Live Oak Canyon at Cook's Corner. If you are coming from Orange/North County on Santiago Canyon Rod/S 18, turn left onto Live Oak Canyon at Cook's Corner. It looks like this (only with a bunch of motorcycles parked out front):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Tomorrow, bright and early. We roll at 9am!

25. Weasel

Weasel

Once you are on Live Oak Canyon Road follow it for a couple of miles. You will pass O'Neill Regional Park Entrance on your right - stay on Live Oak Canyon - at this point the road becomes Trabuco Canyon and you will pass Trabuco Oaks on your left - DO NOT turn in here - stay on Trabuco Canyon. The school is on your right. This is what you will see at the entrance to Trabuco Oaks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. yea, with A LOT of bikes on sat.....it's funny, the population of bikes grows 10 fold but only on the weekends around here..:rolleyes:.

might see everyone as i drive through the canyon. here's a few shots from blackstar canyon just off of silverado and santiago canyons.

Attached Files:

27. Weasel

Weasel

You will pass a large Orange Grove on your left and then you will see this on your left - the entry to Rose Canyon, where they are building a water treatment plant. The Cantina is about 300 yds up Rose Canyon on your right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you cross the depression/bridge over Trabuco Creek, you have gone a few yards too far. Drive carefully and see ya there. I will not need my camera - that's what Bad Bob is for....;)

28. Justin B

Justin B

see you guys in the morning

29. What car are you bringing?

30. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

We are all gassed up and ready to roll....bringing the 36 and the van.

I hope I can sleep tonight!