Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Accident 10-23 on 405 in Irvine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dullchrome, Oct 25, 2010.

1. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  2. Dan Warner

Dan Warner
    from so cal

This is one of the reasons my '29 is for sale. You can't control those around you even if you drive defensivly. Too many people on the road.

DW

3. Can't find the link...

4. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

Sorry about that, I spell it incorrectly. It should work now.

5. venice original

venice original
    from VENICE CA

That truck looks like a guy they call burrito because of the incloser behind the cab and the weels but i cant just tell !!!! Either way i feel bad!! i just found out it was not burritos truck!!!

6. toml24

toml24

Photo from newspaper

Attached Files:

7. el shad

el shad

My prayers are with all involved. This is horrible.

8. KEITHMAN

KEITHMAN

Found this info (Daily Pilot) via dullchrome's link and then another link in the comments at the bottom of the page.

"A young girl and a Newport Beach resident were among three people listed in critical condition after a five-car crash on the 405 Freeway in Irvine on Saturday morning.
    About 8:30 a.m., 22-year-old Ana Flores from Moreno Valley was getting onto the northbound 405 Freeway at Culver Drive when she lost control of the Jeep she was driving and it skidded into the middle lanes and came to a stop. A 4-year-old girl was also in the car.
    When the Jeep stopped, a big rig going between 50 and 55 mph hit it, sending the Jeep into the median. The big rig jack-knifed and skidded to the right side of the freeway, hitting a 1929 Ford car in the far right lane, and then a CHP cruiser and another car stopped in front of it on the shoulder.
    Flores and the girl were taken to Western Medical Center in Santa Ana with critical injuries. The driver of the Ford, 78-year-old Salvatore Giannulli from Corona del Mar, was taken to UCI Chapman Medical Center and is listed in critical condition. The CHP officer was uninjured, and the driver of the car in front of him suffered minor injuries. A dog was also killed in the crash.

—Joseph Serna"

What a mess. Hope all involved recover. Gotta' slow down in the wet. The gentleman in the '29 had no idea what was about to happen.

Have A Great Day! Be Careful Out There!

9. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Dam..that sucks..no where to go..and probably no warning

looks like the jeep is stuffed right up the backside of the A..see the roof behind it?

the A's roof looks like its laying aside of the car

Thats a Sams Club sized wreck there

10. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Samething could happen to you in your daily driver..be it a Pick-up truck..or an Izuzu POS..
    shouldnt use that as an excuse not to enjoy your car..lifes too short to stay on the porch

11. Burrito's truck is red....

12. BadCat68

BadCat68
    from C.R. MN

all that caused by wet weather? pretty crazy hope they all come out ok

13. 51 mercules

51 mercules

It sure is.

14. Panhead Joe

Panhead Joe

I agree. Spending your life at home to be safe isn't living to me. Enjoy it while you can, you never know when your time will come.

15. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

What were you referring to? Cant control what?

16. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

I think Dan was stating there not to controlable in a panic situation, not like a Porche.

17. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Problem we have in this state. Is people dont change there driving habits when weather changes. I seen it all yesterday also. First good rain we have had and spin outs and roll overs.

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

there is no control for a "blind sided sitting still waly hoop in the ass"..it was wrong place wrong time from the sounds of things.

i dont think he had anywhere to go..and it all happened way to fast and he was probably boxed in..

not argueing..just a gut feeling from what i saw and read

19. Hope everyone is ok! :( No matter what your driving it happens quick!

20. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

I actually saw it on Sat morning...the 29 looked just like it did in the picture, the tractor-trailer was jack knifed, and the CHP car had a Jeep parked on its hood.

21. toml24

toml24

I think the 1929 Ford was made up to look like a 1920s police paddy wagon. Think I've seen it at the Sunday morning Tustin, CA car show. Maybe this time he was coming home from the Saturday morning Irvine Cars and Coffie car show if this happened about 8:30am.

22. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

How do you lose control of a Jeep, anyway? People scare me sometimes.

I hope everyone is alright. You have to be careful after it rains, that's why it's dangerous to drive during bad weather in places where the weather is usually great.

Ever seen a Texan try to drive through the snow? It ain't pretty.

23. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

short wheel base,..high center,..and you would be amazed at how many people couldnt drive their way out of a wet paper sack with both ends open.

or..the god damm cell phone was more important than keeping their eyes and hands on the JOB!

combine those two or three with wet road conditions and you have a recipe for exactly what happened.

they give a license to just about any warm body these days

24. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Very, very scary. Unbelievable that no single person was instantly killed. Hope the critical one makes it all right.

...and sorry to hear of the dog (and Model A) loss.