Register now to get rid of these ads!

AC, the RIV and phoenix

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by erock805, Apr 23, 2012.

1. erock805

erock805

Need a KNOWLEDGABLE shop to finish up the AC in my RIV. From what I have read the Rivs are not quite as simple as a chevy truck...but anyway I already paid $2000 to a yahoo in TULSA for him to replace everything and it not work.

Working in AC stuff is really not my thing so if anyone knows of a good shop in the phoenix area who can do the job in a decent time frame I would love to pay them...haha

Thanks for any help you can lend me....

2. erock805

erock805

Nothing? Come on man. Help a sweaty brother out

3. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

If'n ya wanna drag it to FL....I can hook you up for a case of Dr. pepper....seems that I've gotten pretty good at custom a/c systems of late...

Really, I honestly did not know a lot about car a/c systems until recently....they really are not all that hard as the systems are compact and there isn't a lot to em....what's the problems? I'm workin on my 4th custom install and 3 repairs on my clunkers (they may be flaming turds but the farkin a/c works!) even a dumbass like me can finger em out!

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Contact El Polacko on here...he's in Phoenix...

R-

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

erock, what's it doin' or not doin'? I'm not super well versed in A/C, but have done a bunch of custom installs. Maybe it's something that just needs a second head thinkin' about...

6. erock805

erock805

It don't do much. The blower despite being new blows barely. Only heat comes out. Barely. I think the new condenser was damaged when it was put in so I have another. I have replaced the compressor, blower motor, couple switches and relays condenser. All new. From what I have heard that the riv stuff is a bit different. Who knows...not me.

7. bohica2xo

bohica2xo
    from Las Vegas

You are in the right city, more or less:

Arizona Mobile Air
    3601 West Clarendon Ave
    Phoenix, AZ
    602-233-0090

Guy that owns the place is Tim, and they will work on hot rods / custom systems.

An old family business. I have used them for decades, also a good online source of quality A/C parts.

They can square your car away.

B.

8. erock805

erock805

Awesome I will call ASAP. Thanks.

9. erock805

erock805

bohica,

my car is at the shop. Took it in yesterday morn...the main office guy said when he told the tech, Jake, he sighed in pain...hahaha then asked what year, 65, then sighed cussed...

I will update ya...cant wait to roll with the cold stuff blowin!