Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ac help 36 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CHOP36, Jul 20, 2013.

1. CHOP36

CHOP36

Its time to put ac in my 36 ford coupe.Does anyone have any ideas that would be the best way to go.It has early 80s 305 chevy.Putting ps steering from Borgeson in at same time.Thanks

2. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

3. Vintage are Classic either one. Classic has a plastic mount for under the dash controls and vents. They copied my 36 dash for the pattern. All worked well in the sedan.

4. M224SPEED

M224SPEED
    from Missouri

I have switched my ways of doing the old v belt setup,try to find a donor car if your using a small block chevy with the accesory holes drilled and tapped in the heads and go the serpentine belt system, all brackets, pulleys, alternator, A/C/ P/S water pump. ( Also available from G.M. and others brand new.)

Now if you do go this route remeber the water pump and fan or reverse flow ......so DO NOT mix these up with standard rotation parts.

I know I will be getting daggers in the back for suggesting this non old school adaption,but in the long run it just makes sense !!

5. chinarus

chinarus
    from Georgia

I don't think a stock mid 80s serpentine system will fit inside a 36 Ford engine compartment after dropping a TPI donor motor in and taking some measurements. The high mount AC and ALT brackets with a short water pump seem to be the best option but curious what others think.