Register now to get rid of these ads!

AC 6394 Flathead bellhousing info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fryguy, Aug 8, 2012.

1. fryguy

fryguy

Just picked up an 8ba flathead this weekend. It came with a few transmissions, a 48 truck trans, a t10 trans and an HEH Mustang trans, wide ratio, narrow bolt pattern. The engine had the normal stock bellhousing that the 48 toploader bolts to. In the parts there was another bellhousing marked, ac-6384 d bellhousing. I checked the flatheadv8.org bellhousing pdf file and its the bellhousing in picture 18. The t10 and the HEH mustang trans bolts to the bellhousing. Does anybody know what years this bellhousing was produced?

http://www.flatheadv8.org/bellhousing.pdf

-fryguy

2. moefuzz

moefuzz

Hi,

The little ? marks and note symbols open up with explanatory text if you click on them.

Pic 18 and 19 are 52 - 53 Ford and Merc Car bellhousing, you will need to use the starter plate (pic 19) that matchs the bell in order to mount and make starter mess with ring gear.

3. fryguy

fryguy

Duh, thanks moe. I tried clicking the pictures but I didn't click the ? marks or note sybmbols. Thanks for the tip.