Register now to get rid of these ads!

? about KOA member #s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by beatcad, Aug 1, 2008.

1. beatcad

beatcad

i was lookin' for something last nite and found my KOA club plaque.
    i joined in '97 or '98 and was member # 3744.
    i got to thinkin' that it was 10 years ago and wondered how many members they got now.
    i checked their website and it didnt say.
    i'm sure plenty of you guys are members. what kinda high #s are there now.

2. It seems like interest in that group has faded somewhat. It's sad for me, I love Customs, but I dont want imports and mini trucks at a custom show. Did they ever get their member magazine fixed? I hope they grow and I am joining in the hopes others do the same and see this organiztion continue down the right path and hopefully with enough support it can return to it's roots.

3. John B

John B

I'm no longer a director ( not by choice ) but I heard that the show in Hickory was doing OK.

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I think the last mag from them I got was about mid March...and it was the December, '07 issue...haven't seen one since...

R-

5. That aint good! I wonder if the Godguys took it over and madeit part of their program it would work? although I do prefer a Custom only group

6. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

KOA??
    Kampgrounds Of America?
    or KKOA!!

7. beatcad

beatcad

KOA--- kustoms of america.

http://www.kustomsofamerica.com/

i thought maybe someone would say something like i joined earlier this year and i'm # 25327....
    the original post/question wasnt really important. i was just curious.

i let my membership expire in 2001. i dont remember why. maybe KOA has fallen apart since than.

8. Kustm52

Kustm52

Then it appears they are right on schedule. :rolleyes: As a former director, I had hope the org. would grow with new leadership, but they seem to have taken a direction away from "kustoms", i.e. if it has wheels and will pay the entry fee come on in...

Brian