Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Abilene TX swapmeet 3/31-4/1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by judgeyoung, Feb 23, 2017.

1. judgeyoung

judgeyoung

Be sure and put the Big Country Swap Meet on your calendar for March 31-April 1. It will again be held at the Big Country Raceway (Abilene TX dragstrip). It is a great swapmeet with acres and acres of all concrete spaces, permanent restrooms, and an unbelievable permanent food service.

There are RV electrical spaces in the swapmeet area as well as an on-premises RV park. The strip is on IH20 just north of Abilene. Lots of hotels and campgrounds nearby.

Get all the info at www.bigcountryswapmeet.com

Hope we see you there!

Bandit Billy likes this.
  2. bump up......thanks for the invite......been there and seen some good finds laying about....

3. judgeyoung

judgeyoung

This year is shaping up to be fantastic! If you are in the area, bring some rusty junk...er... priceless treasures!

4. judgeyoung

judgeyoung

Anyone bringing a couple of core flathead waterpumps? I need em for a mock-up!

5. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In another lifetime I attended Abilene Christian College (University now) and worked at the Auto Part Mart on Bus20., just down the street from campus.

Shout out and a bump up.

6. judgeyoung

judgeyoung

After a few semesters at A&M, they invited me to attend any other university I wanted, just not theirs. After one semester at ACU, they did the same. I stayed on in Abilene for a little while, enjoying working in the Machine shop at Texas Auto Parts (Also Bus20!) and street racing the tires off of my 428SCJ Mach 1. Great times! Hollar if you ever get back in the area.