Register now to get rid of these ads!

AA truck what to do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coletrickle, Jul 17, 2012.

1. coletrickle

coletrickle

This will be my first "hot rod" build,I'm starting with a bare AA truck chassis it needs to be a working truck when I'm done dual rear wheels etc.My first question is re the suspension and drive line.What front axle should I be looking for.Now I also have a complete 64 Buick sport wagon,should that be the donnor vehical for engine/box and diff?And the alloy finned drums can they be used?And help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Roo.

2. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

Sport roof Buick? With the same roof line as a Vista Cruiser? That's a pretty rare car here in New England....

3. Damn Buick is worth more than the AA truck is. Sell it. Trust me, I've had both and the Buick went way faster.

As for the AA, get a regular A frame, the body bolts right on, and do a tradtional Ford straight axle and a 9" Ford rear with the matching bolt pattern out of a '60s pickup. Should be on the cheap.