Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects AA/FA Build Start to almost finshed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John T., Feb 2, 2015.

1. John T.

John T.

I haven't posted in a while but I thought I would throw up some build pictures.

Last May I sold my pride and joy and before it was gone I pulled in a new Hotrod. I had seen this car at a buddies years ago. Next thing the car is in my garage ready for a restore. Not much history that is provable that I can find but a very cool piece.

Here are the pics starting from last May to currant. The car will be done to show for the in the Asylum at the Piston Power Show in Cleveland this March. I'm very close!

The first pics are as close to the correct version that ran in the late 60's as a AA/FA. I have been told it was Candy Apple Red and called the "Wild Thing". Same grill and wing. If you know anything let me know!

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  2. John T.

John T.

I wanted the springs in the front and also had to get a 3 point cage back on it. My Pal Big Al Morgan did all the welding and fabricating
    altered.jpg IMG_5900.jpg

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  3. John T.

John T.

I got the car back home and mocked it all together.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff and Tudor like this.
  4. John T.

John T.

Chassis coming back from paint and getting the supercharger and injection ready.

Attached Files:

5. John T.

John T.

Getting the 354 Back from my buddy Anton and the chassis ready for the motor.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff and Tudor like this.
  6. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

Your new cage is a definite improvement. Love the whole look and feel of it. What are your plans?

John T. likes this.
  7. LongT

LongT

AA/FA was my FAVORITE class as a spectator back in the middle '60s.. Good luck with it. Looks GREAT!!

Bill

John T. likes this.
  8. What a toy!! That thing is gonna take big cahoonas to drive. just think about WOT for 5 or 6 seconds.
    Good luck with your project. please post some pictures when you run it. I think I would have given up my TAFC for a ride like that.

9. John T.

John T.

The motor is set up to run 90% Nitro. With safety regulations I don't think any track will let me run it, or will they? Once I have a good feel for cackling it I will try some push starts, if that goes well I'll graduate to a burnout. We'll see from there.. No plan on Nitro racing, that is a different show and that isn't the intent for the car, just have some fun burning Nitro and hopefully not break many parts! I have cackled with cars before but not my own and have been around the track and cars that go fast that I hope I have enough respect to keep it all safe. :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  10. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

would look really awesome with a Fiat body similar to the Magic Muffler Fiat. That car later ran an altered body after the Fiat but with the same chassis. Everything about this car is just right.

John T. likes this.
  11. Beautiful!

John T. likes this.
  12. Nice work, that's gonna be a whole lota fun.

John T. likes this.
  13. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

I love Short wheelbase altereds and have built 5 of them for customers. Yours looks very nice and period correct. The only distraction for me is the lack of the helmet strap on the roll cage, as it helps fill the gap of a very open space.

Attached Files:

John T. likes this.
  14. That is one fantastic car. The combination of parts is just right. Looks like it will chew your leg off when you walk by. Love this car!:D

John T. likes this.
  15. John. Cackle cars are great fun. At 90% she will really pop. Good luck with your plan, and be safe.

John T. likes this.