Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Word of thanks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TrailorPark, Feb 16, 2009.

1. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all you who support the Military. I have been reading some of the posts such as the HAMB relay started by the Vagabonds to help a service member get his car half way across the US, before deployment. I can't belive the response of all of you out there, with in a short time one person voulenteered to drive to pick up the car and deliver it to the Soldier, and the rest of you raised over $1,000 dollars to help pay the expenses of the trip. I have also gotten pms and other posts from ya'll and I can feel the Support that ya'll give us on alomst a daily basis. I hope you can understand what it means to hear a simple thank you from back home. I know that the generations before I came along, specially the Veitnam era Soldiers deserve our gratitude too, they never recieved a proper welcome home or simple thank you for your service. I also want to say Thank You to all of our Soldiers serving both past and present, Soldiers who have had multiple deployments, as well as a Thank You for all of you who support our Military Services, both home and deployed.

Sincerly SGT Winesburg (TrailorPark)
    US Army
    Tikrit, Iraq

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  2. Its Vagabonds and we still suport ya! ;)

3. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

Sorry about that had somthin else on my mind....got it fixed though

4. Watch yer topknot and keep your powder dry over there. We want you back here!

5. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

There aren't many things we can do from the home front to truly match the measures paid by our people in service, so keeping appreciation always in mind is what we all should do. No politics here, just patriotism. Keep doing what you do, It let's us do what we do. Thanks are never enough, but you have mine.

6. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

7. TrailorPark. THANK YOU and all the MEN and WOMEN there. There is a lot more to Y'all being over there, than I think 75% of this nation realizes. My dad was a NAM vet, 3 tours there. He made it home, Thank GOD. You are correct they did not get a warm welcome home, instead most were spit on and looked down upon. I tried like crazy to get in, but because I only have one eye, no one would let me in, not even as a paper pusher. So you all have the biggest gratitude I think a person can give from me. Thank you so very much for putting your lives on the line for us here at home. I sleep better at night knowing my kids and family are safe because of people like your self. I have lost a few friends in the early '90's right out of high school over there, and then again more recently, when many who went then, have gone back again. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!! and THANK YOU once again...

Will

8. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I can never give enough THANKS for all that you and the thousands of MEN & WOMEN that have given up their lives to go & fight for another county just to keep our country SAFE & FREE ! It's an HONOR to thank you for what you are doing & have done to keep our families safe & free !
    If it wasn't for all the men & women fighting to protect our country , we would be just like ever other country out there !
    THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU ALL ! Come home soon !

9. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

That is the absolute truth there are no politics involoved with the Military, we just do as we are told by the best of our ability. There are reasons we have fought wars that I have not agreed with but I am a Soldier and I fight when my country needs me too. I wish that all people in our great country could see things that way. Once again thank you for your support. I will post a picture of my platoon as soon as I can get the time to get one taken. One suggestion that can make for those who would like to send carepackages to our Soldiers around the word is http://www.anysoldier.com you can pick a Soldier find out what he/she/they are requesting and send it off to them. If you can't afford a package you can always send a simple letter as well, I know alot of my Soldiers don't recieve letters and they sure get a smile when the anysoldier box comes in, because the boxes go to them.

10. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

11. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

Thank You is all I can say and thats not enough for sure. My prays are with you and your troop. Be safe and come home. Tell us a little about your 58 what do you have in mind for it. thanks Tim

12. It is the service men and women who have stood up and been counted that have made this country. We cannot just expect our liberties, they must be fought for and maintained. Thanks to all of you for what you do and all who have gone before.
    This little video will show what you are fighting for, our little ones.
    Five little girls, 2 are 6, 2 are 7, and 1 is 8 years old. They say thanks for all of us.
    http://www.hotrodsonline.com/Movies/Little_Anthem.mov
    God Bless you all.

13. I have to give this an evening bump as well. After seeing that last post by HotRod 1940, I could not help but bump this. I am looking fwd to that pic of the platoon.

will

14. elgato65

elgato65

Hell yeah trailor park -- you got that right --

I'm on my 4th tour right now and it still amazes me how much people help us out -- and i'll tell ya, it's the little things that matter.

Stay safe up there bro -- like I said, i got it covered about 800 miles south.

15. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

Well lets see here, my 58..... I plan on smoothing out all the imperfections and putting a fresh coat of black laquer, put either a pearl white roof or just a laquer white roof and I think that I am also gonna paint the area between the crome on the front white too. I will eventually bag the suspension and c-notch the rear, but in the man time I am just gonna cut the front coils, and put the axle on top of the rear spring to gie it a little attitude. I want to eventually get all the trim peices, rims and bumpers re-cromed as well. The seats have been reciently recovered and the carpet has been replaced. The door panels need replaced, I was planning on a white top with the bottom done in black. Also a white headliner needs to be put in. I will eventually put 4in whitewalls on it. But all this will probably take a few years due to supporting my wife and three kids. I really want to keep the vehicle as close to OEM as possible with in my own tastes. Any suggestion feel free to let me know what you think would look/work the best.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Another big thank you from Michigan. Because you do what your trained to do we can sleep sound at night and go about our daily lives in a free country. We are going through rough spot right now with our financial sector but if the America that's brought us this far is allowed to function like it always has we will come out of it with our heads held high.
    Tell all of your buddies that they are much appreciated, to keep their focus on the mission, and come home safe to enjoy the country they are defending.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE, it's maintained by the payments made by our fighting forces who daily make a commitment to it.

Frank

17. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

18. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

I have to say thank you to the HAMB as well. I am a Marine, and I am headed back to the sand box for the 4th time here very soon. But I have been in for almost 17 years, so maybe this will be tha last one before retirement. Anyways, thanks to you all out there who support us and for those of you who are still serving, Semper Fi!!

19. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." Winston Churchill

nah, thank YOU, i slept pretty fuckin good last night troop

20. BillBallingerSr

BillBallingerSr
    from In Hell

God be with you sir. And to everyone else keeping us free, a salute. Thank you.

21. skidsteer

skidsteer

Many of us thank you every day. Because you do what you do, we can feel safe back here just living our lives.

22. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

23. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

well this is my last bump o this thread, until can get a good picture of the platoon. Thank you for your support again!

24. TrailorPark

TrailorPark
    from Wahiawa HI

One last weekend bump