Register now to get rid of these ads!

A V8 firewall... Dont make me cut it!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FoMoCo_MoFo, Oct 2, 2004.

1. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

Ok heres the deal. I got a 30 Ford Tudor and a 48 flathead with a C4. I want the radiator in the stock location and dont want to recess the firewall either.

Every friggin time I have seen it the fire wall has been severly cut. I dont want to cut it. is there a way?

2. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

Add a few inches to the frame...................between the firewall and the front crossmember............if you are not going to have fenders.

3. klazurfer

klazurfer

OR , You could turn it Inside-out , but I guess that would be like a recess ... [​IMG]

4. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

yeah I thought about adding a few inches. but I have a perfect hood and sides for it and I want to use it

after playing with it for a few hours I think I will block off the fuel pump and make a ever so small recess.

if you all have any pics of your fire wall, let me check them out.

5. A family friend had an 8BA with a C4 in his 29, he's not the most patient fellow and I don't think he had hacked his firewall that bad until last winter when he brought the car over and my Father put a 292 Y block in the hole... An uncut or moderatly cut firewall is a thing of beauty...

6. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

An electric fan will give you a little extra space. Reversing the firewall is an option but isn't easy. Cutting, in my humble opinion, should be a last resort.

pigpen

Measure once, cut twice. (or is it the other way?)

7. flat fire wall get you 3 inches