Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "A Twist Of Lime" Cuda drag car...where is it now?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31Dodger, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Another guy I know is just wondering whatever became of this Barracuda. Anyone know where it is today?? Picture 19854.jpg

55 Ford Gasser and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. Now I feel like a fool.....the car's name is "A Twist Of Lime"....not Lemon....sorry. I could not change the title.

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Sure you can.

4. Got it....thanks.

5. So....nobody knows where it is today?

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Probably what happens to so many of these old cars, especially race cars. Sold to someone, who sold it to someone else, and along the line it got wrecked, stolen, parts removed from for another project, wound up without a class to race in, and then the original car "disappears". Even with as many of the Tri-Five Junior Stock Drag cars that there when they became outdated in 71, some made it back to the street, others went to the wrecking yards. They were just cheap cars at the time. Some have survived, and I'm amazed when they turn up. In that photo the OP posted up, I see a Henry J and a Sedan Delivery; they're all probably in the same place now. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

7. Yep....I know it's gonna be a long shot to find it.