Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures A Tribute to Tweedy Pie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, Mar 26, 2021.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

A Tribute to Tweedy Pie

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. WiredSpider

WiredSpider

Just saw Tweety Pie at the Corvette Museum in the Ed Roth Display last Wednesday
    I never knew it was on a 32 Frame until then.

Attached Files:

3. rudestude

rudestude

Well a very modified 32 frame.
    Not sure how much different this one maybe from the original.
    Besides being made of plastic. 20210326_080337~2.jpeg 20210326_080740~2.jpeg 20210326_080216(0)~2.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T307U using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. We all need to support this as much as we can. Tell everyone you know so Mad Fab can continue. The amount of viewership is huge in pushing this correct content out. Not the typical car TV show BS.

5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Love the Mad Fab vids. Thanks!
    Enjoyed watching an learning from those. Awesome info n fun. Upped my respect for Tweedy Pie.
    My own perspective, like some others my age is not the very same as those 10 ,an 20+ years younger.
    Tweedy Pie at the time it showed up in mag.s ,in Florida that I saw, was not much more then just another T-bucket to me,there were a few bucket type rods, zipping around Miami by then.
    As a Teen in mid 1950s,my parts hunt for building my own hot rod was in full swing. By 1959 my hotrod 28A bobtailed roadster was a running rod. I kept n still drive it !
    Roth's "Out Law" an Norm's ,"Cookie Car" are much bigger stars in my "like a lot list".
    So now knowing more history on Tweedy,is some extra fun.! Thanks for that!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    WalkerMD, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  6. grifcarnut

grifcarnut
    from Tucson Az

Showed my tee back to back with Roth and Tweety Pie at an ISCA in Anaheim many years ago.Couldn’t believe how nice a guy Ed was and how short his Tee was.

Stogy and dana barlow like this.
  7. So why isn't Piero posting this here on the board?

Stogy likes this.
  8. Grease348

Grease348

Just got to watch part one and two yesterday. I’m onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love it...Hotrod Gold...I always find it interesting that many Hotrodders like Pint sized Creations...I guess it was a way of getting more Go Fast by lightening up all around the Horsepower...truly built by a genius of the movement indeed...Thanks for sharing @J.Ukrop...;)

J.Ukrop and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. goldmountain

goldmountain

I have always been intrigued by Tweedy Pie's single gas tank strap so that the "Tweedy Pie" lettering isn't compromised. How is that tank secured on that side?

Stogy likes this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Perhaps a bracket welded to the bottom of the tank bolted to the frame...there seems to be a Saddle...Hotrod Magic I say...

I haven't watched the videos and it may shed some light on this lack of balance...

12. Danimal

Danimal

I’ve been away from the HAMB for a while and stopped in. Read the Tweedy Pie post and fired up my YouTube TV. Spent the last few hours on MFS TV. Love it. Can’t wait for the next installment. Easy to have on while I work on upgrading my 54 Suburban gauges!

13. Trent - Piero (@Evel) no longer frequents the H.A.M.B. :( ... his last post was over two years ago ... and coincidentally was about him building a clone of Bob Johnston's 2nd Version of Tweedy Pie:

14. And you made my point.

HEMI32 likes this.