Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods a thanks to Dick Spadaro

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodderhaag, Feb 3, 2014.

1. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

i just wanted to shout out a thanks to a great company. Last week i purchased some metal glass channels from a company that wasnt Dick Spadaro.. which was a mistake, they were all wrong and no where near what i needed.
    so i called dick spadaro. Never actually dealing with them before, but being informed by otheres there weath of knowledge.. His tech spent half an hour on the phone with me showing me where i need to cut the ones i had, to make them work. giving me percise measurments and directions. On parts that were not even bought from dicks.! after a few hours of fallowing his directions, the metal glass channels fit into place like they were ment to be. like an original one would.

this says alot for a company. Atleast to me it does. at the end of our conversation, i thanked him several times, he laughed and asked me where i was going to order my next parts from! you can imagine my answer to that.

So i just wanted to reach out and say thank you! your help really saved my butt.

2. I have bought from Dick Spadaro on several occasions,If I need it he usually has it and any question I have had he can answer it.

Truly one of the guys that loves what he does. HRP

3. Its always good to buy from a guy that is an actual participator in this hobby and knows whats hes talking about.

4. Anytime I have spoken to Dick on the phone or at meets he has been very helpful. A+ all the way.

5. Zerk

Zerk

Mr. Spadaro has also been a valuable contributor to the HAMB, replying to tech questions in a way that cuts through a lot of BS.

6. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Awesome stuff! Good to see it posted because its usually only the bad stuff you hear about. :D

(Should note...NEVER heard anything bad about this company. Ever.)

7. 37slantback

37slantback
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have said it before but is worth saying again. My experience with Dick was super and when my fenders were shipped to Washington the packaging was above and beyond. Boxed and packaged. No toe tag on the bus.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I suppose my experience in trying to deal with Dick is off the norm then. :confused:

I tried to contact him via e-mail with specific questions regarding the purchase of a Winters Quick change rear end.

I wrote my e-mail with my questions and recieved a quick two or three word response.

I tried again a couple of times to get answers to specific questions on the product and shipping and again recieved short responses that never did answer my questions.

At that point I simply gave up.

9. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

in my opinon, as i deal with customers every day at work, we dont take emails to seriosly, lots of people can type up a questioneer and never even be really interested..., a good old fashoned phone call is the way to run a smaller business such as spadaro's and where i work.
    but thats just my opinion.

10. 4 banger 4 life

4 banger 4 life
    from ohio

Hell ya we need more guys like dick, very helpfull and always there to lend a hand... thanks for the good words...Keep up the good work... thanks for looking out...

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I'm retired from the automotive trade...(German luxury and performance cars)

I was working on my '47 Ford, having a problem with the locked ignition switch.

Dick Spadaro emailed me a lengthy how-to on drilling out the pin bolt...then elaborated (in steps!) on how to service the switch, the page must have taken him some valuable time!
    I'm on the west coast, but that (and postage) won't deter me from buying from him next time. (Oh, there will be plenty of 'next times'!)

Thanks, Dick!

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That's OK, I was hoping for answers that would indicate a deal could be made.
    At that point I would call and arrange to set things up for payment etc etc.
    Not taking the time to answer questions gave me an indication of a lack of interest in making a sale.

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

Reproduction or original parts Dick Spadaro is the guy to go to. Every time I look at my '32 headlight bar I think of him and the great service he gives to this hobby. Bob

14. 19Ardun46

19Ardun46

First class operation from start to finish. If Dick doesn't have it, he probably will know where to find it. I've been a customer since the mid 70's, and would recommend his business to anyone!

15. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Always a great experience dealing with his company. First class all the way.

16. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

I too have had very positive experiences with Mr. Spadaro's outfit. A no nonsense kinda guy who loves to help.

17. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

I have dealt with Dick & Bill at Spadaros. Both great guys . Dick is always willing to explain what you need to do and get to make it work. And yes he answers many of our questions here. Thank you for being there for all of us .

18. tractorguy

tractorguy

Dick Spadaro is a class act. About a year ago, I sent him an email with several questions I had on V8/60 flathead engines and usage in one of my old midgets. He sent me an a long and detailed email in response, far exceeding my expectations and actually bringing up several additional points that I wasn't even smart enough to ask.

19. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I've dealt with Dick Spadaro several times and it's always been good.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. Firecat7

Firecat7

DICK IS SO VERY KNOWLEDGABLE, AND EASY TO TALK TO, tho most times you will get Bill, and he is even easier and helpful,.......known them for years. atta boy guys:D

21. Purchased my first parts from him at the age of 10. I didn't even have a car yet but I knew I would some day. 25 years later I'm still buying from him without a hitch. Great company and great people!!