Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Thanks from the Lucky Bastards

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by katzenhammer, May 18, 2009.

1. katzenhammer

katzenhammer

Thanks everyone who came out yesterday for our run! We were honored to have so many cars for our first run! We had 30-40 cars and a couple of bikes. Everything went well aside from some mechanical issues. I have pics at home. If anybody has pics feel free to post em. Once again thanks everyone who came out. We had a blast and we look forward to the rest of the summer!

Justin Slingsby
    Lucky Bastards C.C.

2. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Thanks to you guys for putting it together, it was a great time, hope you do it again!

3. 54_Nailhead

54_Nailhead

You guys do one hell of a job with all the events you put on, can't wait to do it again.

4. brjnelson

brjnelson

It was a beauty day, Thanks, what a way to start the short Minnesota summer.
    Matt was on the pipes in every town we went through, fun fun.

5. katzenhammer

katzenhammer

Ya Matt never keeps that thing quiet! We got buzz bombed in the Plymouth, I wish we had a pic, Matt had the biggest shit eating grin!

6. Pinewood

Pinewood

Right! Thanks to you guys who made it out. I don't think we could have picked better weather! Only one speeding ticket for 40 cars isn't bad!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Post up some more pictures if you got 'em!

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  7. katzenhammer

katzenhammer

If I may add some more "Thanks" to this... Thanks to Bob Fulmer from "The Works" body shop in Fridley MN. He drove the tool/recovery vehicle and I know it had to be used more than once.

Also thanks to Tim at Minnesota Hot Rod Hardware for letting us stop by and view his new shop.

8. redbeard

redbeard

wow

it looks like a great turnout, and cool roads.

can't wait till next week for ours.

Someday I will be driving my hot rod out there with you guys.

glad to here it went well.

9. Cool pics, what a sight going down the road!

10. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

You guys did a nice job putting this thing together.

Unfortunately we weren't able to finish the cruise as one the above mentioned 'mechanical issues' occured on one of our cars. I had told everyone previously that if anyone had trouble they wouldn't be abandoned. When Pat's flathead began to develop an intermittent "death rattle" as we approached Redwing he knew it was time to slow down and pull over. So most of the club stopped and made the decision rather than continue and potentially be even further away when it finally grenaded that we'd be better off finding a more leisurely route and heading back towards the city.

We ended up stopping into Hastings and having some lunch before heading back.

Wish we could have continued on and finished the cruise but we weren't going to leave a 'soldier' behind.

Pictures look great. Would like to see some more if anyone else has some.

As usual it was nice to meet some new people and bs with others I hadn't seen in a while.

Jay

11. What a great time. Thanks to all the Bastards who make this work.

Attached Files:

12. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

That looks like a good time. Wish I was closer. Love the pics. Thanks for posting.

13. 50skalpedponcho

50skalpedponcho

Who received the ticket? I bounced all over the pack through the day and don't remember anyone being pulled over.

Great weather, beautiful cars, good food and beer. One quart of oil.

Lots of fun.

Thanks to all who participated.

14. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Emily was rolling up the window when I was coming up on you.. It's loud at times.... Tell her I'm sorry!

15. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

It was a great event! I'm looking forward to next year already!

Again, thanks to all that came out and supported our run.

16. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

17. titus

titus

wanted to make it but i couldnt, ill surely try for next year.

JEFF

18. Pinewood

Pinewood

The guy in the 57 Ford at the end of this picture got a ticket from that bear in the woods around Kenyon! He followed Erik Johnson on the wrong road and when he turned around to catch up to everyone it was too late... :eek:

[​IMG]

19. marx

marx

So many cool cars! Absolutely perfect weather. Very scenic and well-planned route. Great company. What a way to start the long-awaited season! I was gonna be stoked if we had eight cars show up, could not have anticipated the turnout we had. Nice to know that so many others have been looking forward to this run for as long as I have.
    Cheers to the Black Stallion Grille, too. We kinda hit 'em pretty quick on a quiet Sunday afternoon, and they handled us with style.
    Big thanks to Mac(?) in the very cool black model A pickup; I owe you a pack of 1157's!

20. marx

marx

...and anybody that's got pics; please keep 'em coming! I saw lots of cameras hanging out of windows!

21. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

We Took 93 pictures, some will be in the next issue of the GREASE RAG .............Rich

22. evil erik

evil erik

The Mystery Cruise was awesome! Perfect weather and great turn out!

Sorry to hear about the guy who followed me the wrong way that got a speeding ticket! We got stuck behind a tree truck and by the time we came to the fork in the road I flipped a coin and took the wrong way, just my luck!

Also thanks to Bob Fulmer for the rolling pit crew service!

Here are a few photos:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  23. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Man that is great !this weekend is gonna be fun.its cool to see these types of events goin on and growing.to me its really what its all about.

24. i am going to go this weekend, i hope my old truck will hold up

25. 50skalpedponcho

50skalpedponcho

Good luck you guys, you'll have alot of fun on Redbeards run.

26. MyronH

MyronH

For the record - the cop (deputy) was super cool. No hassle - he knew I was trying to catch up and knocked the speed down to 65. I'm going to take a class in Redwing to keep it off my record.

Belated thanks LB's - we had a great time.

27. marx

marx

For the record: your 57 is currently the most badass car in the twin cities. My opinion. -marx