Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods A Tearfull Goodbuy to Runaround Sue's 55 Gasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MercDeuceMan, Jun 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorry to hear about your predicament! Hide the 55 in the sticks some where's (put alot of foliage over her), and tell the title holder - "you know what fella, someone done stole the old 55 right off my trailer in the dead of night. Hope you find her!":D Oh; and take a dump on the driver's set, before you shut the door to camouflage the car.:eek:

2. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Well....any news? Don't leave us in suspense!

(Hope no one is in the pokey :D)

3. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Yes, what's the outcome ?
    60'

4. gunk

gunk
    from phoenix

Sorry to hear all this hope it works out! By the way any pics of the car?

5. No good news yet. As per my last post the other buyer is supposed to be doing a test drive tonight. Thats' all I can say right now.
    more news later, (I hope)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  6. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

I bet the fellow we're talking about is named Dan. He's a friend of mine, has paid his dues as a Vietnam veteran and is actually a decent guy. From what I've read, he's not the culprit but instead, blame should be placed on whoever sold the car 'twice'. The car to one party and than the title to another. An awful lot of people are jumping on the 'lynch Dan' wagon, but I don't see him recruiting nasty, bad ideas after having ALSO just paid for the car and ONLY receiving the title. He should be just as pissed but he's not broadcasting and recruiting some of the other TERRIBLE ideas that I've read in this thread. He's a good, reasonable man that's been looking for a '55 for a long time (he almost bought mine) and I'm sure you two can work together and figure it out amongst yourselves without resorting to some of the SHAMEFUL things I've read in this thread.

7. I talked to the other guy yesterday and have no anamosity towards him at all. It's not in my DNA to resort to anything decitful or illegal either. I told the other buyer this and I think he is more comfortable dealing with me now as well.
    I'm sure we will work things out.
    No need for all the drama on here. I know what the right thing to do is and I will do that. I will say that this transaction has tought me some valuable lessons on the purchase and selling of cars.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  8. Hellfish

Hellfish

That really stinks! Sorry to hear this.

Soo... he'll sell it to you if he and his girlfriend don't like the way it drives... hmmm... I wonder if anything could be done about that... :D

9. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

That sounds great and I hope you two work things out to each other's satisfactions. Some of the third party "suggestions" in this thread were pretty nasty and real car people don't even think about f#%king a car up to solve a dispute.

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

well said and right on. You need to know that John and his family are all stand up folks. So you need not worry. The third party suggestions were not solicited by John and Sue. The folks that offered those suggestions are either over dramatic or are truly the ones we need to fear.

11. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

i agree with ya bobwop lots of billy bad asses on here....

12. OldSchoolSS

OldSchoolSS
    from WI

13. RunaroundSue

RunaroundSue
    from Indy

It's done....over.

Gave car to original owner.

End of story.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  14. Ebert

Ebert

THIS says it all.....and why I posted what I and others did.

15. RunaroundSue, as some have said, yourll find something else better. that car has bad karma and you guys did the right thing. keep the faith and something will pop up when you least expect it.

16. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I just wonder if he actually bought it the same time you did or some strings were pulled after he heard that you bought it and for how much?
    I dont know the guy or the sellers, they may be straight up but it sure sounds fishy to me.
    Maybe he found out about it the day he saw you and offered the seller a lot more than you paid if he could figure out a way to back out???
    either way hopefully you can look at as "water under the bridge" as the saying goes
    and find another one.
    Sounds like you guys are probably fortunate enough to be able to buy another 55 like you want anyway,so hopefully everything works out in the long run for ya.

17. Must be one hell of a nice '55 gasser......any pics?.....any details?.....

18. Ok, last post on this subject. Returned the car to the original owner last night. The man who had the title called this morning and offered the car to us. Said that the whole deal has just really been hard on him this past week and he just wanted it to be over. We talked at length, agreed to meet and closed the deal late this afternoon

After sharing each others experiences over the past week, the sticky wicket in this whole tranaction was the guy who owned the car, not the other buyer and not the builder.

Just goes to show that threats, intimidation, and unethical actions are not always the only way to resolve a business dispute.

StLouisgasser, your friend is a stand up dude.

19. Abomb

Abomb

Congratulations, it all seems to have worked out in the end, and I retract my statements about the "other buyer"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.