Register now to get rid of these ads!

History A Tall 'T' Treasure

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Feb 6, 2015.

1. I like Tall Ts

2. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

that car ended up a black with green wire wheeled street rod built by butch Henderson from Waynesville,ohio back in the 80s. it was on the cover of streetscene at one time. the door all lettered up is hanging in a buddys garage in Lebanon,ohio and the decklid is in butch's sons garage in west union ohio. butch sold the car years ago and I believe it is in texas?

3. bsmdeuce

bsmdeuce

My father bought this car from them and built this car out of in in the late 70s scan0001_detail.jpg scan005001b_detail.jpg

4. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Man that's clean — that black paint is to die for. Thanks for helping fill in the story.

5. barlow1952

barlow1952

maybe a picture of the t shirts and a contact Sweet t !! better than McDonalds

6. 427rouser

427rouser

WOW! I love that car Joey, and the photo is at Bluegrass I believe. Bob might have a few more of it there I will ask him, I know I have seen more of it.

7. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

That'd be really cool. Let me know if anything else turns up!

8. Fourdy

Fourdy

I feel fortunate to have found an original all steel '24. All interior garnish moldings, window regulators and hardware all original.

[​IMG]
    Fourdy

9. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

Not often you see a centre door! Is this the same car that was in Custom Car magazine (or was it Street Machine mag?) a few years back? Looks familiar.

10. Martin Harris

Martin Harris

Now THAT really does it for me. What a great car, Fourdy!

11. fleabag

fleabag

dragged this one in last week !

Attached Files:

12. Squablow

Squablow

I was all ready to be heartbroken to see the "street rod" version with the green wire wheels but that actually looks pretty nice. A shame it didn't survive in it's original form but the later version isn't bad at all.

13. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

You know I like 'em!

14. I was well aware of the absolutely beautiful Deuces your dad has built over the years,his attention to detail has not gone unnoticed but seeing the T coupe is something I never expected and like the 32's it is spot on. HRP

15. cincydale

cincydale

I remember seeing this T run at Edgewater Park dragway in Cleves, Ohio. I don't remember exactly the year; but early 60's. I was a regular at that track, and Ault & James had cars that ran there frequently. I remember I was really surprised to see a tall T on the dragstrip. It ran fairly well, given the aerodynamics; but on one run, he stood it nearly straight up.....and I don't know what or if damage it sustained. It was a wild-looking sight though.

enloe likes this.