Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures "A Sweet Sickness: The Flathead Movie"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zombie Hot Rod, Apr 11, 2011.

1. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Just ordered my copy Brian.....can't wait.....my next car is going to be flat head powered............

2. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Quoted from post # 57:

>"I use music from bands that I am friends with, as well as bands who have an interest in the hot rod scene to help them promote their work. I support the people who support me, and the scene that I love.

So whenever you're ready to write, record, and donate some music to the cause, I will be more than willing to listen to it and consider it for my next film.

This is the music that I listen to, and play. I've built my fair share of cars over the years, many or which have been built to this exact kind of music.

It inspires me and I do consider myself to be a some what of a real Hot Rodder.

I've also been a touring musician since I was a teenager. I used money that I made playing punk rock to build my first Hot Rod. So for me, this music makes sense.

I'm sorry if you don't see it that way, and it strikes a negative chord in you (pun intended).

. . . I'd like to thank everyone else for their kind words. A lot of work goes into each one of these movies, and the little bit of positive feedback I get makes it all worth it. "<

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  3. looks killer........

4. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

Hey Brian,
    The Bike movie sounds like it's going to be killer. I Love your choice of music and what you are up to. Really looking forward to watching these 2 movies when you are done!
    -Aaron

5. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Aaron, thanks for the support. Making these movies is hard work, it's nice to know that there are people out there that are into what I'm doing. Makes all of the struggling worth it in the end!

6. cball

cball

The movies are fantastic, and the music makes them what they are! keep up the great work Brian!

7. Will you have copies in "Terryville" ?

These movies get me thru the winter ,when the snow is deep !

8. Maricopa

Maricopa

Zombie I feel ya, everybody has their own likes and dislikes. I'm a semi-pro musician (well, a guitar player at least 'musician' might be stretching it) and my post wasn't intended to be just a dig at your musical taste, I'd have been interested in the vid but won't buy something I'd have to turn the sound off to listen to. That's why the sad face.

9. Just ordered a copy, looks great.

When are you going to do a HAMB Drags doc? Someone's gotta do it.

10. wouterftw

wouterftw

Cool trailer, can't wait for the disc to drop on my doormat.

11. desertdroog

desertdroog

I've enjoyed your other two dvd's and anticipate this to rock as much as those. Just sent my pre-order for the movie with a shirt.

12. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I'd love to that.

13. People have talked about doing a real HAMB Drags doc for years and no one has stepped up. You know it would be a seller. Something to think about.

Now back to our regularly scheduled flathead movie...

14. Any updates on the dvd?

15. lorodz

lorodz

orderd a video and a t shirt large please thanks....

16. Any sign of a release date yet?
    I can't wait!

17. lorodz

lorodz

just got my t shirt today ..thanks brian cant wait for the movie delivery ...let me know when you start sending them out.

18. Just got my copy of "Road to Bonneville" and it was way cool! Now can't wait for the "Sewwt Sickness." Nice work guys.

19. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

i preordered a copy of this movie a while back when i bought your other 2 movies and i was wondering when i would recieve it?

20. I think it will be a few weeks yet as Brian is on the road with the rolling bones guys for a new movie............i am hanging out also.

21. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

22. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Hey guys, I've been on the road with the Rolling Bones shooting a follow up to "The Road to Bonneville".

"A Sweet Sickness" is in the process of being duplicated and I should have it in my hands in a week or two. Hopefully sooner than later, I'd like to thank everyone for their patience.

I will ship them out as soon as I have them. All of the pre-order envelopes are filled out, and stamped. . . ready to be stuffed with DVD's and sent to their new homes where they will be watched and enjoyed.

Thanks for all of the support and encouraging words. It makes all of the time spent filming and suffering through the editing process well worth it!

23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Groovy, are we going to see some more bonneville footage this year?

24. Cool, thanks for the update.
    Can't wait to watch it!

25. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Next year you'll be seeing a whole new Bonneville movie!

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Whoa, that'll be rad Brian!!!

27. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Ok, the DVD's will be in on Friday, September 9th. All pre-orders will ship out on the same day. If you haven't ordered your copy yet, do it before the first run is out of stock.

Thanks everyone!

28. Great news, Brian.
    And a nice Birthday present!

29. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

. . . four more days!

30. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Just ordered my copy looking forward to it