Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Surprise H.A.M.B. Upgrade

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

Ryan- It all works well

:cool:Ol Deuce

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

The social groups thing is great! As you Know, Scooter has the Hemi Tech which he has converted to a group. I have the Holley 94 Tech which I have converted to a group. I have a question- Can the group creators be given the ability to put stickys on threads in their group? That would help keep the relevent tech info at the top of the page...

3. funnycar

funnycar

Many thanks, Ryan!
    Any "foreign" hambers in the groups?
    Franco

4. Different, will take some getting use to.

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a suggestion for the Social Group format...

For the social group description, can you enable some type of advanced editing so links can be added to the group description area? I would like to add a link to my group description and there doesn't seem to be a way of doing that. Nor is there any control over text font and format.

Just a suggestion.

6. Plowboy

Plowboy

It would be cool if the threads showed up on both the main forum and the social group. You could just post one thread that way on the main board and maybe select which social group/groups it should belong to. That way after a thread has exceeded its day old shelf life on the main board, it would still be easy to find in the social group...kind of like the categories that are currently available...It would allow people on the main board to view the thread because they may not even know that they are interested in a particular group....

7. I have to keep re-logging in?

I like to have the Hamb open on my computer so I can check in when in house. Anyone else?

8. draginsteel

draginsteel

I like the picture viewing upgrade!

9. JRODHOTROD

JRODHOTROD
    from Manor, TX

That would work for me too.

10. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA!! I need this too!

Can it be done?? Somehow?? Someway?? Do we have to have magical powers?

11. Abomination

Abomination

Hell yeah!

I'd even convert the S-10 thread over. It's about time...

~Jason

12. woodbox

woodbox

Ryan,
    I really do like the new format, have started a group for Kiwi HAMBers which is growing fast. I did like the suggestion for group administrator to "sticky" discussions to the top etc, this would make organising the layout easier.
    Another thing that would be handy is the ability to send a message "bomb" to all or some members of a group to update on events etc.
    I also have the problem of being automatically logged out after a certain period, can we fix or is it a setting thing I can change?
    Thanks a gain for an absolutely awesome facility that gets me in more trouble than I need.
    Did you ever in your wildest dreams think that the H.A.M.B would grow so big.

13. nexxussian

nexxussian

Interesting, I'll have to check it out.

The idea about being able to post a thread in the social group and have it show on the main board (if you wnat it to) sounds like a good one.

Thanks.

14. Just an observation... Since the whole 'social groups' thing came along, it seems the main board lost some good folks to the 'private' social groups. Now the board has more than it's share of 'What welder should I buy......, Photoshop this for me....., SBC's, let's see 'um...., What's this worth.....'. Don't get me wrong, there's still good posts to read, just fewer and farther between. This could be just a result of the larger number of members, I don't know. Seems like inchin' toward a 'HAMBnet'. My interest is from about '50 back and I just see newer and newer stuff creepin' in. I'm not being the police or anything, just don't want the HAMB to lose its core. The Jalopy Journal posts really help keep the 'wandering' minds on track. Just my .02.....I'm not that good at puttin' thoughts to the keyboard.

15. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Nothing new about the social groups, they been around for a while now. The only thing "new" is the community button that gives everyone quick access to the groups.

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I do believe he means since the social groups came along months ago he's been noticing.......

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I would find a quote feature in the social group threads to be helpful.

18. Correct......thank you.

19. rodncustom

rodncustom

Ryan, I apologize if I missed this somewhere earlier in the thread but my input would be that the discussions are viewed in the same sequential order as the threads on the HAMB. ie. newest one first on top of the first page instead of having to go all the way to the last page to see it.

Looks good otherwise.