This is a long-overdue build thread on my speedster. This project is my first attempt at something of this scale, and I owe the HAMB and everyone here an enormous debt of gratitude—over the years, the insights and guidance posted on this forum have been invaluable. The story begins five years ago with me finding this car totally overgrown in the backyard of a nearby rental house. I didn’t know what it was, except that it looked cool. I tracked down the property owner, who put me in touch the car owner (his brother), who gave me its history. The car was built in the early 1950s by a kid who worked at a local machine shop. That was the era of the Mechanix Illustrated speedsters, and this car was created along those lines—sort of a cross between a miniature Auburn and a European sports car. It was driven hard for about 10 years, at which point it was worn out. The owner acquired it in the late ‘60s, with the intention of rebuilding. The owner put the car in an outbuilding in his parents’ yard. Over time the building collapsed and was hauled away. The car sat exposed for more than 40 years, becoming a garden trellis for weeds. Nevertheless, we all know how it goes: he planned to fix it up someday, so not for sale. Undeterred, I stayed in contact. I called him every few weeks to talk about the car, why he’d originally bought it, what his plans were then, what they were now. Finally I convinced him I was the guy to take over his dream. A deal was struck and the car was mine. I know how much everyone likes “find” pictures, so I’ll end this first post with pictures of the car being extracted from its weedy resting place.