Register now to get rid of these ads!

A sad day for the Lifters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Feb 22, 2011.

1. fonti

fonti

very sorry about this loss - much too young... RIP!

2. slammedlead

slammedlead

So sorry to hear. Very nice guy. RIP

3. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Once again Rudi, mikey's dad has open his doors and his heart, he wants us all to come to the viewing for Mikey . it's at El cajon Mortuary, 684 s. mollison ave. El Cajon Ca. 92020 , the phone number is 619-440-8033, the viewing is from 4-7 p.m. from there we are all going to Mikey's house,it's at 1816 euclid in El Cajon, it's on the corner of euclid and Granite hills drive. no suits or ties, he wants us to wear our club jackets. for those at the swappmeet, we are meeting at 4 p.m on friday at my spot, it's w-i -45, and then going to the viewing. for any info you need , call me at 619-573-2637. You guys have to check out Rudi's house, being dutch, he has a beutiful yard with a bich'en old red barn, come check out Mikey's cars and pay your last respects. The swappmeet party is cancelled.

4. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

My condolences to the Lifter's and Mike's family. I didn't know Mike, but met him once...he was driving his black 34. I struck up a conversation with him in a parking lot, and we talked Hot Rods for a few minutes just as if we were old friends. Nice guy man.

5. HoldFast

HoldFast

Man that sucks. I'm 33 and I just can't imagine my life being over right now. So much left to do in this life on this rock.

Godspeed brother! It seems you've accomplished what most of us can only hope for and that's to positively effect those around us and to be remembered for it. I hear there's no potholes in heaven so get low!

6. rimago

rimago

Mikey! Unfortunately I did not know you may learn personal - my condolences to your family and friends.

Ricardo, Lifters CC Germany

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  7. sledish

sledish

Rest in Peace

8. Jenz38

Jenz38

Mikey,you wasn`t an unknown Person for us in Germany.
    We had heart many good thinks about you,your Friends and your Cars.
    I`m sorry and sad about that we never meet us...
    My condolence to your Family and Friends.

Jenz LIFTERS C.C. Germany

9. SerCastiK

SerCastiK
    from 6-1-9

Mike was a dude that lived to do just that LIVE. He made moves not excuses, he was tough. He knew he was dealt a bad hand but he bluffed and pushed with it for 33 years with damn good success. Hell, most people didn't know he had ANY condition really except the addiction to rusty metal. He certainly didn't want to be treated in any special way. He would have been livid with all that were there being he hated any "fuss" over him. I really hoped technology would come through and knock his condition out so he'd get the satisfaction of laughing at it.Unfortunately that wasn't in the cards. While it's true that he is no longer in pain it sure doesn't make any us feel any better right now. Like Miguel said, If you can come out to the viewing, do so.

-J

10. rustyrods

rustyrods
    from Dixon,Il.

Sorry man . I guess I got nothing to bitch about.

11. dogwern

dogwern

sorry to hear that Mikey passed away. I never met him but I´m sure he was a fine young man! my deepest condolences.

Werner LIFTERS CC GERMANY

12. WEREROD

WEREROD
    from Dago

RIP Mikey.... :(

[​IMG]

13. RAY With

RAY With

Hate to hear of another car buff passing away and at 33. Very sad indeed and my prayers go out the all his friends and family

14. trixi

trixi

We had a lot of fun back in the day. Those were golden times. What other car club would have fun taking 8 hours to get from San Diego to Long Beach? I miss you Miguel, and I'm hoping Mikey felt like he got a lot done and had plenty of fun while he was around.

Take care,

Carrie

15. Man this sucks! I didn't get the news till 8pm tonight, and it just floored me. I wasn't real close with Mikey, but we always made time to catch up when our paths crossed. Another fine young man gone WAY to soon! My condolences and prayers to his family and the Lifters. Godspeed Mikey!

16. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

In my book, Lifters means friend, and man we shure have a lot of them, on behalf of mikey and all the club, thanks to every one for all their kind words. Mikey left another gift to our club, Our German brothers have joined the Hamb. I am not good at computers, but I have taught myself to post on the Hamb. now we can keep in touch, please post pictures of our german brothers and their cars. We used Bucu's picture of Mikey for the memorial sign, thank's again Bucu, what a great picture, I heard tony is suposed to come out next month, can't wait for him to show up. The party was ausome, Justin B. will post some pictures later. My buddy Bonghi from the Beatnicks flew out from New York for the party . what a stand up guy, even Franco showed up and brought this bitch'en pinstriped hub cap he did for Mikey. Many thanks to all the clubs that showed up, I'll post some later, I have to get back to the swappmeet and meet Bonghi, and bring Justin some breakfast, the food sucks at the swappmeet.I loved the picture of Mikey with his squash car and my model T, Mikey was laughing his ass off. I hope it was'ent me trying to get out of my car, I was trapped once in my car at Mikey's house for over an hour .

17. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

What a loss. My Condolences.
    Talk about him often. Its keeps him around in your minds.....

18. nut4vintage

nut4vintage

Just found out today about Mikey and was taken back. He most definitely had an enthusiasm for life and was always optimistic in everything he did. From all the previous comments posted, he surely left an indelible memory in each of us and will be sadly missed. It is my prayer that his family is strengthened during their time of grief for this outstanding young man.

Bobaloo

19. billybooze

billybooze

Sorry to hear that a member of the Lifters dies... Buco and Tony told me the bad news. I know him only from this two guys but what I heard was always good! Sometimes the death is a reason to stuck together, like now. If we don't meet on this side, we have to meet on the other side...
    R.I.P

Billy - Lifters CC Germany

Sorry for my bad school-english...

20. BICKFORD

BICKFORD
    BANNED
    from CA

WOW! im a bit of lost for words.

Mikey was a true gift to everyone. he was one of the nieces persons i have ever met. i never say him without a big smile on him. always laughing with everyone he meets. he is what i would call a true man with open arms. he will be missed. i already do. he was hot rodding to the core. you can talk with him for hours about hot rodding. rest in peace.

21. axle

axle
    from Drag City

RIP Mikey, We're sad for your loss .

22. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks to the hamb , I just wrote to bucco , me and Mikey and Stephan had a great time with him at vegas and at the Prowlers picnic, now with the hamb , I can keep in touch with him and all our club brothers in Germany. I have lost my close friend, but have just gained twenty new ones across the ocean, send my regards to Tony

23. My buddy Doug just told me about this over the weekend...condolences

24. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

25. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks again Joe for showing up for Mikey's party, we are waiting on Justin B. to post some pictures.

26. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I wouldn't have missed it. Mikey was the best.

27. Justin B

Justin B

here's a few pictures of mikey's memorial party/gathering. i think it would have went off just as mikey would want, from the people showing up straight from the big 3 swap, dirty, and stinking, to the viewing, to the dr pepper salute later on. the party pictures came out bad but here they are anyways. also managed to recover a few more pics from my old computer.

mikey's 3 window, squashed truck and 52 chevy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

top row, mikey's dad rudi, me, russ/squiggles, fat bob, fireman mark, ben, buck, tex, ?, miguel/maqoozi, stan.
    bottom row, little bob, jose, rob(leaning over), joe/badfella, huggy , joe just peaking out above huggy/ lifters-puddin, stephan/greasemachine

[​IMG]

here's the ones i was able to save from when my computer exploded and took out a memerory stick trying to save some files

[​IMG]

pulling in in front of me at the aces run
    [​IMG]

rip mikey
    [​IMG]

28. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thanks again Justin , for posting the pictures.As usual, I screwed up and spilled doctor pepper on Stephan, durring the club toast. Mikey would'ent have it any other way.

29. Badfella

Badfella

Big thanks to Mikey's dad Rudi Van Zetten. He bought tons of food, beer and of course Dr. Pepper:)

30. SerCastiK

SerCastiK
    from 6-1-9

^ agreed but I am bias....been over a week and I'm still in big time denial about this. I can picture Mike saying " NO Problem" or shaking his head like what the fuck!? with his hand on his chin. Bet your bottom dollar if you went somewhere with him it became a several hour excursion. Many memories,too many.