Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest A sad day for model A's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magoozi, Sep 30, 2014.

1. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

If you live in San Diego County and own a model A , it's a sad day. Last Sunday, Hank from
    Old Cars and Parts passed away in a tragic back hoe accident at his home.
    For many of us that own a model A or an early V8 ford, it's where we bought our parts or had work
    done. His know how and friendly advise was unsurpassed and he always kept the store well stocked
    with quality parts to keep your Ford going.
    Besides giving you the right part, he could tell you how to install it, whether it was a stocker or a hot rod, he always had just the part you were looking for, I am truly going to miss my friend Hank.
    If any of you knew Hank or were friends with him, please feel free to post something on the thread.

2. What a shame. Hank was a great guy. He will truly be missed.

3. sad to hear of this loss....

4. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Old Cars and Parts was started by Joe Finger and Hank. The original location was a block west of where it's located now. What a neat place, Hank was a dealer for Brookville and always had some bodies in the show room and some really good quality patch panels and parts. In the back was a full machine shop , they could rebuild your banger motor, flathead, tranny , or rear end. They had all the original ford tools, even a duel machine to set up the flathead distribuitors. The back yard, that was my favorite, stacks of axles, wish bones , rear ends, engine blocks , steering columns , wheels, brake drums, pretty much any thing mechanical for model A's and early v8 fords. I'll post some more later.

5. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Hank Penn's viewing will be Monday October 6th at East County Mortuary in El Cajon off magnolia
    4 p.m. to 8 p.m
    The service will be Tuesday at 4 p.m. off dejisa rd. in El Cajon

6. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Prayers and thoughts go out to his family........I have bought a lot of parts from him when I lived down the street, great guy and wealth of knowledge.