Register now to get rid of these ads!

A sad day at a killer shop/jason Graham Hot Rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NotStockPhoto, Feb 22, 2010.

1. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

DAMN FIRES! That sucks..........keep your head up, hopefully you had insurance? Being a business owner myself, that would devastate me mentally and financially.

2. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Sadly, those are ominously beautiful photographs.
    That puts a mega buzzkill dampener on the day. Hopefully the owner(s) are encouraged to keep fighting the good fight.

3. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

As said before every shop owners nightmare it's just devastating to see
    I don't know how you even begin to recover from something like that

4. LuckyBrew

LuckyBrew

thanks for posting this up chicken.

here is a link to the facebook page i created. we will be organizing a benefit show and a charity type paypal for him soon!

i hope we can show this cat how we stick together in times like these!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=322547623826

5. Sorry to hear...and see! my grandpa's shop in Sac was by the railroad tracks...bad luck he let the insurance lapse...it was a train that set the shop on fire by the sparks in the grass but who could fight them back in the day? Some Cords and Dueseys burnt up - customer cars...but he never really recovered...we have a better connection now - let us know...we all have the stuff to help - let me know how...

6. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

VERY cool! I was gonna suggest maybe a HAMB online benefit, but this will work.

7. draginsteel

draginsteel

8. Crestliner

Crestliner

Jason, I can't believe it. Really feel for you loss. Hope things work out. If I can be of help, let me know.
    For those that have never seen Jasons work, it is unbelievable. Was thre 2 weeks ago and seen some outstanding work.

9. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Same as everyone else...just wow. Hopefully everybody involved is okay.

10. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

11. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

I PM'd Ryan to see if this could get a sticky. If not i'll try to bump this a couple times a day.

12. NOTCH

NOTCH

sorry for you loss jason..
    frickin sucks!!!

13. nutajunka

nutajunka

Barbecued car's always makes my stomach turn, man I feel for ya.

14. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Very sorry to see/hear this.

16. oh the cars.........

OH THAT MERC!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Holy Shit! That is truly a shame there...damn!

Damn!

I've had my shop collapse on my cars in a tornado - that is painful to go through, believe me, I feel your pain!

18. bobbleed

bobbleed
    from Awesome

wow crazy..... so sorry.

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

This is the reason I had insurance covering my coupe while it was being built in the rod shop.

If you don't discuss it with your builder and your insurance company, and have your car covered for fire and theft DURING the build, you're flirting with disaster.

The builder should also have liability coverage of anything that could happen to his customer's vehicles...hindsight is 20/20.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Jesus, seeing this seriously made me sick to my stomach, I couldn't imagine. Best of luck on the recovery. Hope it all works out for you.

21. Spity

Spity

Hang in there man, give it time things will get better and recover.

22. Jason, ive seen your builds and you have a lot of talent. it made me sick to read this and ill bet you feel even sicker. stay strong, your car brothers are here to help.

23. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

just change the oil replace the wiring get em running, put some new tires on and take home every rr trophy at the next killmullet hoe down. Now that's a true $60,000 rr

maybe they'll start a phoenix catagory for rising from the ashes

Hope that shines a little sun on yer day, sad to see all that hard work up in smoke man.

24. Holy krapoli!!! That sucks worse than a festering, pustular abscess on the taint! I know it doesn't make things a whole lot better when someone says, "at least you weren't hurt" because it all still intensely sucks ass, but seriously, many people die in fires like that. You're alive, you WILL bounce back from this and continue building some bad ass rides, no doubt.
    Besides, even those fire-ravaged cars are in way better shape than any steel we have here in the northeast!
    Best of luck to you, you deserve it right about now.

25. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

I dont know what to say. This is my worst nightmare.

26. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That sucks hardcore... sorry to see that!

27. Whoa dude that just breaks my heart....Best wishes on the recovery and hope you can get back on that horse soon.

We had a shop fire years ago, lost a super cool 67 T-bird with a 428 CJ, and all my grandfathers tools and gear he had gathered from over 50 years of wrenching.

28. I know it sounds trite but, it's only stuff. As long as a man has family, good friends, and faith he can stand up to anything. I hope nobody was hurt, (physically anyway) other than that it's really just stuff, stuff is replaceable. Chin up bucko.

29. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

That horrible...Sorry

30. B Lawrence

B Lawrence
    from Ham.

Devastating...So sorry for you guys. This is my worst fear. I"m lost for words. I hope it all works out for you.........