Register now to get rid of these ads!

History A Roadster from the Twilight Zone

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Jun 17, 2016.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

A Roadster from the Twilight Zone

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

chriseakin likes this.
  2. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I see the charm alright, and though I wouldn't kick it out of my garage either I would "correct" a couple things. It's not like a celebrity owned car, or even an ex Al Capone (sorry, couldn't help that one), but it does represent. I think I'd have to ditch the hood, add more carbs, match the wheel covers or even add chrome reverse with pinner whites, and lose the white trim on the top in favor of black or red, and actually I looked back at5 for this one, an all white top would rock that shit pretty good. I have big enough shoulders to bear the cries of foul this reply might get, but I think like scores of hot rods from the day they were always a work in progress. I'd love to be fortunate enough to progress this one further.

seatex likes this.
  3. Roothawg

Roothawg

I appreciate the workmanship, but not my style.

4. Moondog13

Moondog13

Love it, and it's from my hometown. Wonderful! :D

5. seatex

seatex

I'm with you on this one, Highlander.......... the tribars all around, even some twin thins on the tires and a white top.....that's one long assed hood!

6. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have often wondered why channeled, unchopped coupes were so prevalent on the East coast while the West coast had very few ? Or were such rides just not covered as much as unchanneled builds ?

7. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Agree totally

8. flamingokid

flamingokid

I've been staring at this car for the last 24 hours and I think that the hood would have to go.It's unique,but mostly unique and good are mutually exclusive.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  9. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

I'd hit that! Prolly twice...

10. Squablow

Squablow

I like the sports car look. That was a big part of hot rodding at the time but mostly seems to be ignored now.

11. Clevername

Clevername

At first glance, it looked "right", and I generally don't like the channeled fender look. There are a lot of things right with this car.

12. Just getting rid of that top would improve it tremendously.

13. S.F.

S.F.

Today there is a "standard formula" of what is accepted as a "traditional hot rod"..... Whilst back in the "golden years" anything went.

tb33anda3rd and Drunk Man like this.
  14. Raiman1959

Raiman1959

I like the car a lot! I'm partial to the hood and 'cycle fender' and hubcaps look myself....it was a bit more 'accepted' style back in the day, as I do remember my dad's buddies all had hoods on their various roadsters....the ONLY thing I don't like is the little round air-cleaner! I'm probably out on a limb on this one, but heck....I certainly appreciate the variable styles back then....I think it's very cool looking, and the canvas top is spot on old-school!...and I certainly would know what era it's from at first glance. It was pretty common to put 'different' hubcaps on the back, then from those on the front.... awesome!:D

15. in my mind, i live in early sixties.........it is F'N perfect!
    a complete car= fenders, hood, top etc.
    a balance of colors front to back, inside and out.
    the few "awkward" additions, air cleaner, exhaust, big steering wheel, mis matched caps. all say "check this out!" and are all finished/trimmed properly.
    i say we put it back on the frame, strip it of it's "character", bigs and littles, trim rings so it conforms.:rolleyes:

J.Ukrop and Raiman1959 like this.