Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage A really stupid trip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by squirrel, Sep 9, 2015.

1. jerry

jerry

Way to go Jim!

jerry

2. KeithA31

KeithA31

Is Keith with the model A from Texas running this year

3. You are doing very very well Jim. Good luck friday afternoon. Cheering you on every step of the way! She has proven to be one tough gassser. And looks great at the same time. Rest up and GO MAN GO!

4. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Had a service call in town (Forreston) at the Vet Clinic. Out of the corner of my brother's eye we see Jim heading north through town!!! Finally figured out that drag week was going right by our shop. Helped a couple guys out in a mid 80's Camaro, that blew a trans. They changed it right in the high school parking lot. One of the guy's daughter, ran a spare trans 140 miles to them. I think they pulled in around 6pm and my brother said that after a quick cleanup of the hands at our shop, they were back on the road at 2am. Hot Rod magazine staff stopped to look at our shop, the Falcon and the GTO. What a great day seeing all the cars go by.

5. Amazing thread!!!

6. squirrel

squirrel

Keith with the Poison Gas A bone is not on Drag week this year. He did run Rocky Mountain Race Week, which was going on right about the same time as the Meltdown.

7. knotheads

knotheads

squirrel check your PM or is it called a conversation in box when you get a chance.

8. stangman05gt

stangman05gt
    from illinois

I saw a couple stragglers headed south on 55 on my way home from work. Squirel good luck Today (Friday). I am so trying not to leave work early today and head over to Gateway.
    If you need something that will give me an excuse. lol
    I will call a friend on that speedo if you still need it.

9. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

GO Squirrel GO!

10. ...more pics from Cordova...
    hot rod drag week 9-17-15 047.jpg hot rod drag week 9-17-15 053.jpg hot rod drag week 9-17-15 006.jpg hot rod drag week 9-17-15 070.jpg hot rod drag week 9-17-15 093.jpg hot rod drag week 9-17-15 134.jpg hot rod drag week 9-17-15 058.jpg hot rod drag week 9-17-15 132.jpg

11. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

Amazing journey & sincerely thank you & the son again for sharing it with us all as well as your wisdom on the hamb. I'd imagine getting back home will be as big a thrill as besting the competition & surviving the ultimate endurance test a hot rod could ever be subjected too. With those incredible trap speeds it's no wonder the speedo cable timed out! You are first class example to all! Flux

12. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

This thing was cool as all get-out. Saw it run on the live feed yesterday.
    [​IMG]

13. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What flux said. Your wisdom is always appreciated and this trip is a testament to your ability to build a very fast and reliable car. An amazing feat and we are all pulling for you and your son on this trip. Go Jim go!!!

i.rant likes this.
  14. hot rod drag week 9-17-15 004.jpg ...here's an interior shot of that 37 Ford, cool car for sure...

falcongeorge, volvobrynk and enloe like this.
  15. pumpman

pumpman

Kicking back in the morning and then kicking ass in the afternoon, now how cool is that! Go get em Squirrel.

16. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

I think this 37 is a very bitchin car myself. I'd like a look at the front suspension as its what I've had in mind for my next project.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  17. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Squirrel, what time do you think you'll be running today? I might be able to catch you on the live feed.

18. squirrel

squirrel

I think we start at 2.30

19. Final Day:

And yesterday's results:
    Squirrel is car number 40

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  20. Just epic.
    Takes a lot for me to actually lean forward and type something these days but you and your boy managed it.
    Been following along since the get go and having fun watching.
    Thankyou!

21. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

This is just bitchin. Thanks for taking us along.

22. flatford39

flatford39

Thank you for posting the time. Hope that's enough to bring it home. This has been one of the best thread on here I have ever experienced.

Thank you Mr. Forbes for allowing us to tag along. It is greatly appreciated.

23. Need a blower belt in StLouis ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1442613378.318944.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Next year I want to contribute $$ to sponsor if its legal? I offered for this year in a previous post but must have got overlooked..

25. flatford39

flatford39

Does this mean Jim needs a blower belt??? Kinda cryptic.

26. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Jim didn't post it did he? I don't reconise any body parts....

27. jerry

jerry

From what I understand, yes Jim needs a blower belt. Tyler was running along with the guys as a gofer type thing.

jerry

28. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beautiful. Best of luck on ride home!

29. squirrel

squirrel

I had put my spare belt on it Monday when the blower seized. On the run today, about half the teeth came off the belt. We put the old belt back on the car. It's missing a couple teeth, but it seems to be running OK. Also on that run the odometer started working again.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    brad2v, volvobrynk and saltflats like this.