Register now to get rid of these ads!

A question for Alliance members...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 3, 2007.

1. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

we have been using miller stuff for decades in the salvage yard---great stuff!

2. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

i thought you ment miller beer. i was all set to sign up! lol!

3. boozoo

boozoo

Money.

"I have a torch and I'm not afraid to use it !!!"

I'd love to have one, but the steep price tag has always been what kept me from getting one.

4. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Money, not as relevant, as quality.
    We have become used to disposable tools, "from China"
    I would rather buy once and buy the right thing.
    All, I'm asking is, to have Miller make their equipment in the US, and give us, Alliance Members, some sort of discount.

5. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

I am tired of people complaining that their company doesn't pay enough. The reason for that is that consumers insist on the lowest prices regardless of quality. I would be a hipocrit if I said I want a lower price. American companies need to earn a reaonable profit to treat their employees right. Expensive stuff comes from quality. I'll pay my share, but I do think an interest free finance program would rock. I have one Miller in the garage now. I can't afford to drop a lump sum on a plasma cutter, but would have bought ones months ago if I could have beat my credit card interest rates.

6. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Dreadman brings up the most important thing in this entire post.

No products built poorly by cheap Chinese labor just to get the right price point.

I know price is obviously the big sway here - but I'd rather see the price stay the same than see yet another "cheap tires" type thread on plasma cutters (that's a reference for long time HAMBers).

I feel like I am being pulled in both directions now...

I personally could never afford to blow $1000 - $2000 dollars on a plasma cutter just to tinker around in the garage. This is just a hobby and I could barely afford to spend $4000 for the entire project. Spending a grand on a cutter is taking way too much money away from other things. As for financing - I never bite on that bait - (choice 1) pay 1000 right now or (choice 2) pay 2000 over the next four years....uhhhh, yea I'll take door number C.....

7. Norris McCarty

Norris McCarty
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I almost bought one of their Millermatic 140s and a 375 X-treme Plasma Cutters last week. A good Aliance Discount would put these in my garage today!
    N

8. belair

belair

As the man once said "Quality is King...but Price is God". Give us a chance to afford something made in America by Americans.

9. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A third job, less projects, fewer bills....

OH! Sorry...

PRICE is key in my book as well. As a user of Miller products already I love the products they have and would go blue for a plasma as well. In fact, with the amount of fab work I manage to get myself involved with, it would come in VERY handy and would really like to have one. So choosing Miller isn't the problem, it's affording to own one that's the issue.

Wouldn't it be great if hot rodding from scratch was a little cheaper? I think so! Never hurts to have the blue on board with the HAMB!

10. CMenard

CMenard

I've got a Cutmate 375 currently and love it. It's very versatile and saves time in the shop. Last year upgraded to a MM251 mig welder from a MM185. Now I'm in the market for a TIG welder and would love some type of discount or interest free financing.

Please, please consider adding TIG machines to the list. I'm ready to buy something new. :D

Thanks Ryan and Miller for making this possible.

Curtis

11. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I agree, discount and Free shipping. I'd love to have a miller plasma cutter and Tig - but I've always been finacially handicapped.

12. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

I picked up a Miller plasma cutter 2 years ago, me and the club use the chit outta it, it has always performed great.
    a discount would be nice, but its a little late for me.

I highly recommend Miller.

13. Paul

Paul
    Editor

when I do buy another plazma cutter it will be to upgrade
    I will be looking at consumer feedback
    overall satisfaction with performance, parts and service
    a dealer nearby.
    and a union label on the box

14. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

Price discount would be the best thing

15. cwatson1953

cwatson1953

discount....those thing aren't cheap!

16. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

PRICE ,and not really anything else

17. Discounted PRICE!!!

18. nrfleming

nrfleming

can you get the numbers for a bulk buy? if you want a discount then buying 50? 100? 300 at one time could bring it down and make it worth while for all involved. then all of the serious shoppers could put the money out up front.

19. This is great!

I bought the Extreme plasma cutter and its a top notch tool. Both 110/220 capable. Small and easy to use.

I absolutely love it.

20. gahi

gahi
    from Moab, UT

Too much to read, so I dont know if this is a repeat but, can they beat cyberweld and simlar place prices? Maybe a poll is in order.

21. arkracing

arkracing

I agree. If I were to consider a Plasma, I would want something larger than a 30a machine.

Don't limit it to just Plasma's add Welder's too:D

Also - payment plan with LOW LOW(as in 0%-0.9%) interest for larger purchases of ALL Miller products. I would love to have a TIG, but for most of us it is hard to genterate that kind of $ to buy one outright.

22. Glen

Glen

I already have two Miller Mig welders, one Tig welder and a Miller Plasma cutter
    a discount might make me upgrade and sell one of my used units.

23. boozoo

boozoo

I hate to reply twice - but that suggestion above about a decent period of interest free payments might sucker me in, too.

I have no self control when it comes to ridiculously cool metalworking gear. LOL

24. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Consumables!!!!!!!!!

-Jason

25. kustomfordman

kustomfordman

I agree, consumables! I love my miller plasma cutter...I hope the tigs will also be something in the future for us. How about a nice discount on the machines and deep discounts on accessories and consumables. The discounts would have to beat some of the on-line stores to mean anything. Many have great service, free shipping and some instances you can get items tax free.

26. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

I would rather not have so much of a "huge discount" off the cost if my money goes back to paying the Miller employees a decent salary/keeps jobs here rather than overseas.

I like paying for quality. I think America has forgotten that and this is why our goods are being outsourced.

For me, as an alliance member- all I ask for is good customer service, and maybe a small discount to offset my decision to go elsewhere- that would sway me. They (Miller) are already competitively priced... Besides, they have a great rep, what more do you need? Could they maybe even forego a discount on the plasma but throw in an auto-darkening helmet? :)

27. 1951bomber

1951bomber
    from atwater Ca

i have a lincoln,but if miller makes it interesting i`ll buyone and i`m also looking for a new mig and tig.so shows us adeal we cant refuse and i`llshow them the cash

28. Well I have RE-READ A-lot of this thread again, and I agreee that miller machines are AWESOME. A discount would be great as I stated before, butttttttt If Miller could do some serious financing for us folks who can not always afford to drop a huge chunk of change on a Plasma or a nice Tig unit. I really would be intersted in a Tig and plasma unit, and would not hesitate to pay full price, If I could get good financing with a reasonable Interest Rate.

So Whats happening with this deal? I am gonna settle out my accident with the Ins. company shortly and want to get a tig and plasma :) Show us some love...........

29. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

This thread started out with something about a Lounge and I saw Miller in the next sentence, (see this speed reading coarse is not working for me), Okay now I an out of the Fridg. I want a cutter as well as a Tig, but unless they got pretty cheap I don't know if I could justify either. I am a Hobbiest and cool tools like those don't make sense. Can they do something more entry level that won't blow up in my face or break the bank?

30. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Still waiting to hear for Miller...