Register now to get rid of these ads!

A public thanks to a fellow HAMBer . . .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by av8, Jan 29, 2004.

1. av8

av8

. . . along with the several others who offered assistance.

hammeredabone took time out of his sched to collect digicam pictures for me of a motorcycle I'm buying long distance. Good pictures under poor conditions, but enough to let me see what I was considering.

I just locked down the deal minutes ago, and will have one of the very coolest of pit bikes at Bonneville this year, thanks in good part to hammeredabone!

I love this board! Thanks, Ryan, and all the rest of the great folks here, several of whom also offered to photograph the scoot for me.

BTW, the scoot is a 160 Ducati single-cylinder cammer in a Hodaka chassis. I'm torn between doing it as a mini Norton Manx or a scaled-down BSA "Alloy Clipper." In deference to the mission of the HAMB, however, I'll find other places to post progress reports. I'm sure a post with pictures of the finished scoot won't be too far OT to piss off most folks. For now, this is what a tidy Ducati Monza Junior looks like, and not far from the Alloy Clipper look that is one of the contenders for my final direction.

2. As one who knows nuttin about bikes, congrats. I'll know how to find you at Bonneville this year with that polished bike. I'll be the one in the old Pontiac coupe, smilin with your old pith helmet on....

3. You may have seen this pic before.
    My first motorcycle fwiw.
    Only difference between mine and the restored one seen below is mine had a Bates seat.

My vote goes to the Alloy Clipper look. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. av8

av8

Rocky -- Bring lots of Sharpie pens and turn that old helmet into a retirement asset for yourself. Sure glad to hear you're going to be there!

C9 -- It's funny, I have copy of that very jpeg on my harddrive, in fact just went searching for it and loaded a copy onto a ZIP where I have many of my very-special favorites parked for quick access. If the Clipper configuration wins out, I'm likely to recreate the sprung saddle eventually. For now I'll probably cheat things a bit and do a short padded solo seat and park a Bates-style pillion pad on the rear fender, keeping the Hodaka rear loop intact.

I'll for sure park the footpegs up and back, trials style, and set the front end more trials like with shortened, flatter bars. I'm also thinking of reducing the head angle a tad.

I'm doubtful that I can pull off all these mods to the new scoot before Speed Week '04. I'll just be pleased to get it up and running and serviceable this year.

For the Tar-Mac team it's all about returning to the Salt with a dominant roadster, and as outstanding as the Keith Tardel/Kent Fuller chassis is, it's performance is pegged on the Binggeli/Tardel engine program . . . but this is a thread better pursued elsewhere, without the "pit bike" burden.

Pray for whirled peas . . .

5. hammeredabone

hammeredabone

Thanks for the kind words. This is what the hamb is all about. Thanks to Ryan and all the hambers that contribute to this board! I honestly do not think I would be slammin a jalopy truck together or doin much rodding if not for this board.
    Viva La HAMB!

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

7. six5monster

six5monster

That is much nicer than the moped we looked at!