Register now to get rid of these ads!

A new magazine from the UK....Hotrod Showcase

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by surf monkey, Feb 20, 2007.

1. With Ryans blessing I`d like to introduce you to a new magazine from the UK....not just any magazine but a superb high quality magazine in the style of the Rodders Journal.......

the mag showcases the UK hotrod scene in a high glossy publication....the magazine contains only features, no adverts in sight (which is a first for a magazine over in europe

its called `Hot Rod Showcase`and issue #1 is available from the following website http://www.hotrodshowcase.co.uk/

without giving too much away heres a few pages

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if you`ve got a spare minute or two checkout the website....there aren`t too many publications on the market of this quality infact I can only think of one other

Monkey

2. nicked shamelessly from the web site..totally classy layouts and photos.....and that's nowt to do with the fact my A is in the back ground on one photo!!!
    Looks like its going to be competition for a certain other mag..and it's only having a limited run of 3000 for the first issue...get one while it's hot, I already have ordered one

Attached Files:

3. The photos in this mag have been taken by a guy called Ian Shiply...check out his site too. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]www.isphotographic.co.uk

Just check out the images below..

The old circuit race car is actually street legal and is used in London traffic and was once owned by Carey Grant (I think) It has a small Block Chevy, manual box and probably worth more than my house, even so the owner is not afraid to thrash it and yes I have seen him do it!!
    Also the black T (pictured outside the Coventry Museum of Transport) was built over 20 years ago on a miniscule budget and has been in continual "developement" ever since. The owner Steve is one of the most talented engineers I have ever met, most of the suspension is hand made in stainless by Steve(only the diff case and internals on the jag rear are not stainless). I was in his Garage only a couple of weeks ago and It now has a 570ci all ally Brodix block that Steve has polished.....it should push around 850bhp and 600lb of torque, it's also a manual and is also thrashed. He took my son (who's 10) to the LI Diner do a while ago and spent the majority of the journey going sideways. Check out the noise it makes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU1-aGu1sUE

Full stories, pics and specs in the mag
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT][/FONT]

Attached Files:

4. Sweet. I'm on it...

5. v8minor

v8minor

Bob Booth's Model A Coupe , anyone know if this was sold to paul clark in Northern Ireland Looks very like it ,if so he took me a blast in it , its one hell of a car!

6. v8minor

v8minor

Opps just looked ,well it the same colour .
    [​IMG]

7. just been told Ian only did 70-80% of the pics the rest were done by John Knight, Dan Parker and Neal Reed.....

8. check out Neal's pics on
    www.retrophoto.co.uk
    Ill post some pics as soon as I work out how to re-size them.....fuck they're good.

9. The coupe in your pic was built by Adrian Smith and actually one of the few cars I would consider instead of my roadster..

10. Attached Files:

11. Violent Veg

Violent Veg

Thanks guys, plenty of interest from the English-speaking world. Also thanks to Steve Coonan and Coby who inspired me to create this book...

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Cookie..Bob Booth from Ottawa?

great looking rag..........:)

13. Jeff
    not from Ottawa.... but it is a damn cool coupe

14. Violent Veg

Violent Veg

...from Oldham, cool coupe from a cool place, in fact it's so cool it's bl**dy freezing..! Glad you like the rag, Jeff...

15. plumpcars

plumpcars

My copy arrived in the post this morning....simply superb! Great quality and diversity of articles...enjoying them all. Loved seeing Simon Taylors ex race car as I've always thought of it as a rod more than anything else...a little bit 'outlaw' compared to many old circuit racers. Really hope that the mag is a success and you can go quarterly. Good luck!

16. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

Looks pretty nice from the pics I'm seeing.