Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects A new '32 project of my own.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hot rod pro, May 3, 2015.

1. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

Full steam ahead.

2. farmer12

farmer12

Loving the build so far, looking great!

3. Years ago, did anybody envision that it would be necessary to do all the things Danny has done to have a great hotrod? I made dragster parts like this but never would have thought about every day use rods.

4. wOw !!!! ( ... just WOW !!! )

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

You know what I love about Danny? He's literally one of the most talented guys I know... and I know and am friends with A LOT of really talented and very well known hot rod builders. What makes Danny so damned cool is that he's a secret... and he doesn't give a shit that he's a secret. Meaning, he isn't a "look at me" guy.

Danny just does his thing... his way... and lets the work talk. I love, love, love that.

invada likes this.
  6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Ryan...your man crush slip is showing again

7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Why is it that some guys just seem to have a bigger bag of tricks than the rest of us?
    Must have inherited it from his dad.

8. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

Thanks guys. I'm glad you're digging the project.

9. dwest999

dwest999
    from Saline, MI

I think Bruce's comments said it all... One thing you can count on is that Bruce and Danny do it their way. That's what makes their builds "signature Bruce's Hot Rod Shop" IMHO... I'm just say'n.

10. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

Made some progress on my 3" exhaust. From the header to the muffler is tacked together on the drivers side. I had to add an additional pair of flanges to allow the pipe to come out of the frame easier. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438634307.454856.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438634323.038709.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438634336.212028.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438634374.996527.jpg

On to the passenger side.

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

12. dwest999

dwest999
    from Saline, MI

Looks great...

13. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

14. That's some fine shoehorning right there.

15. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

Thanks guys. Glad you dig it.

16. having just finished an exhaust for a friends pickup, I really like the detail shown there, in particular the integrated support/isolation mount, very clever and beautifully executed.

17. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fun to watch,Thanks.

18. reefer

reefer

Exceptional workmanship, but not only that, but vision as to what is "right" as well....it's all very well being able to weld nice, but to be able to create nothing short of a work of art is amazing....thanks for posting and I've got say, it will almost be a shame to cover that chassis with a body.

19. Thank you for sharing. Very inspiring .

20. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

Progress on the 3" exhaust. Passenger side. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1438798846.224493.jpg

63fdsnr likes this.
  21. Happydaze

Happydaze
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Loving this, thanks!
    The setup fixtures for the exhaust mounts.......wish i'd seen this a few months back. Love the exhaust flanges and the sliding mounts too - very neat.
    Those flexibles near the headers - i don't recall anyone ever explaining the rationale behind those, please do tell. I'm thinking perhaps they allow the remainder of the exhaust system to be mounted almost solid? I have some warpage issues following welding that i need to address in my almost completed system - these flexibles might be a two birds one stone trick.
    Chris

22. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

Danny..beautiful work as usual. I see you are using a tube axle with hairpins, so you must think that is ok. I just today broke my third bat wing on my 5 inch drop tube and hairpins and being told that might be the problem. Rember a few years back at the deuce reunion I brok 2 of them. I am not doubting your work but looking for answers for my problem instead and highy regard pour opinions and knowledge.

hotrodA likes this.
  23. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

This is the first time I have used them, so I may not have the best information for you. The reason I'm trying them is that, on my '32 pickup, I have had header cracking problems at the collector. My truck has a rumpty camshaft which I think is causing the problem. So, on this car I'm adding the expansion joints to soften movement.

loudbang likes this.
  24. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

I've heard it will and won't work so many times that I want to give it a try. If it brakes on my car, I'll be the first to say you were right all along.

TexasSpeed likes this.
  25. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

Danny

Awesome looking chassis thanks for sharing!

Can you give a little detail on the rear setup? Is this a t or a spring ?
    Who's torsion bar ?

Thanks
    Mike

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. jammer

jammer

Danny , Your fab work & design is over the top ! Unbelievable ......

27. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

The rear spring is an A type spring from So-Cal Speed Shop.

The rear sway bar is from a combination of companies, deuce frame co., speedway engineering, and myself. The shaft is deuce frame because they had the length I needed on the shelf. The blank splined arms are from speedway engineering, because I already have a program to machine them. The final piece of the puzzle is me machining the shape of the arms, and the mounts.

loudbang likes this.
  28. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

Thank you !

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!