Register now to get rid of these ads!

a Must Have from the Needless-Markup Catalog

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D Picasso, Nov 22, 2003.

1. D Picasso

D Picasso

so....remember that silly-assed Mopar V-10 engine with wheels referred to as a "motorcycle"?

well, it just popped up in the Neimann-Marcus catalog, for a paltry $555,000.

some amusing words from the catalog copy-"with its cutting edge design and Art-Deco inspired style [wha?] one runs out of superlatives rather quickly. this little gem is being offered as a true collector's piece and is not intended to be street-legal; nor is it meant to be driven"

hmmm. V-10 paperweight for the rich and fatuous. I'm going to go find a suitable receptacle to to heft into. fuck.

Attached Files:

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

...does it come in red?......

3. D Picasso

D Picasso

yes! resale red.

forgot to mention Disastron brought this matter to my attention. he receives catalogs like this owing to his elevated status as a multi-trillionaire. thanks, ZZ.

4. Strip it for parts,and put the rest on E-Pay. [​IMG]

5. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Well now yer talk'in!,I'll take 2 ......but only if ya throw in a coupla of Von Dutch beltbuckles and slap a big west coast chopper sticker on the tank!!
    yours truly.....
    Coop

6. [ QUOTE ]
    Well now yer talk'in!,I'll take 2 ......but only if ya throw in a coupla of Von Dutch beltbuckles and slap a big west coast chopper sticker on the tank!!
    yours truly.....
    Coop

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it!

7. DrJ

DrJ

Someone paid three times that much for a shiny green rock* last week so there are people with money to toss I guess.
    Regardless as to if it can be driven on the strt, does it run and is it ridable at all?
    4 wheels? Doesn't that make it a CAR!

*one of the worlds biggest Emeralds.

8. Prolly make a good winter beater.........

9. Glen

Glen

My wife works there, wonder what the employee cost would be?

10. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

are they producing them, or is there only one?

11. I saw this at Laconia this summer and it was a really impressive engineering exercise with absolutely no practical purpose. Thay had a video of it in motion under it's own power but it just went for a quarter mile (real slowly) in a straight line through a very large parking lot. It looked like it bottomed out a few times going thru 2" dips in the parking lot. I looked under the "fender" and it sure had signs of some serious rubbing action.

Leave it to N-M to find the truely overly rich.

12. james

james

Even if it's not rideable and such, most of those prototypes cost the car manufacturers a couple mill to make, so it's actually reasonably cheap?!? Who knows

13. fatassbuick

fatassbuick

Wasn't that in the movie "Tron"?

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

YES......the Disney logo is stamped under the seat.

15. Molly

Molly

I don't know if anyone has seen the videos of it being ridden, but did you ever happen to notice how they never show that behemoth turning? Neat idea as a concept...but why the hell would you want to buy it? It's completely unrideable (yes, it does look like it bottoms out), obviously can't turn, plus it wouldn't even go THAT fast, it's so heavy. If you are going to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a motorcycle that's nearly unrideable (or at least having the requirement of insanity before you ride), why not get one of those jet powered ones like Jay Leno has. A motorcycle with a turbine engine like those used in helicopters?....that's cool.

<font color="pink"> ~Molly </font>

16. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

FOR SALE: 2001 PT Cruiser.Former show car, magazine feature, several awards........I just HAVE to get the money to buy that cycle......... [​IMG] (It's just what I need to haul my fat ass around)

17. I talked to the Dodge guys at Sturgis while looking at that bike. From what they said, they MIGHT make one and Jay Leno has dibs on it. It really was just a styling exercise. And I doubht it could hit their 400mph projected top speed!

18. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

[ QUOTE ]
    plus it wouldn't even go THAT fast, it's so heavy

[/ QUOTE ]

it might not go 300-400 mph, but im sure it would FLY. 500 HORSEPOWER in a suburban would FLY
    (using my 1975 pinto standards, of course)

19. That's all good and well. But how far would you get on a tank of gas??? [​IMG]

Even a Harley gets 30-40 miles per gallon, that thing would be getting gallons to the mile! LOL

Love the TRON comment. I remember that film and the equally stupid TV Show, Automan.

20. why the hell do you have a NM catalog???
    or better yet,,,why are you looking through it???
    inquiring minds want to know,,,,

-hootch

21. shoebox72

shoebox72

HAHAHA, Neimann-MARCUS catalog. Does it come with a cheese grader?

Billy

22. badpat

badpat

it sure would be fun to see the looks on the peoples faces when you unloaded that at the motorcycle drags- um catagory???- its a stocker

23. D Picasso

D Picasso

[ QUOTE ]
    why the hell do you have a NM catalog???
    or better yet,,,why are you looking through it???
    inquiring minds want to know,,,,

-hootch

[/ QUOTE ]

I was looking for a mermaid suit. figured it was a sure shot.

24. Doesn't have the aerodynamics to reach 400mph for a start. Who the f&amp;ck would have the arm strength to hang onto the bastard???

A pure lounge ornament. I like it for that reason alone.

25. Hmm Dan I figured you had the N-H catalog cause you had a real life and a real income and werent a welfare mother. You do know that welfare mothers make better lovers? So the song says.

26. Glen

Glen

The annual NM catalog is always interesting to look through. The wife brings one home when they come out in September, some of the past crazy items have been a submarine, the "Blackwood" Lincoln trucks, Special edition silver T-bird.

This year also featured the personal robots to do your handiwork. The mermaid outfit was funny as well.

27. AHotRod

AHotRod

Looks like garage furniture to me.