Register now to get rid of these ads!

A motor to chevy bellhousing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hagar, Dec 3, 2003.

1. hagar

hagar

Recently there was a post with photos showing a banger with a Chevy scattershield...........how do you do that?

2. McGrath

McGrath

Scattershield or Bellhousing? Make up your mind, there is a difference [​IMG]

3. hagar

hagar

Scattershield or bellhousing;same specs,same basic prosedure,what's the trick?

4. TV

TV

The picture you were looking at was my A frame for my 27 roadster.The easyest way to do it is, Set the chevy bell housing on top of the A housing and secure it with a couple of vice grips.Put a shaft in the spline and sweep the hole in the bell housing, tap the housing around till it is centered. Drill from the motor side so you can get at least 2 bolts through.You will then have to look and see where you need to add material to the bell housing so all of A housing bolts can be attached. The hardest part was adding the material needed for starter room.Be sure you recheck the alignment from shaft to center hole after all welding is done, this is very important.--TV

5. TV

TV

Just one more thing, If you are looking for a scattershield, the one in the picture is bullet proof, the A housing is a repop made from 1/4 plate steel, it only looks like the stock A housing, so with that and the chevy, I have a complete scatter housing from the engine back.--TV [​IMG]