Register now to get rid of these ads!

History A Modern Antique ’36

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Aug 3, 2018.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

A Modern Antique ’36

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

kidcampbell71 and Sancho like this.
  2. I'm curious to know about the wheels/brakes situation. Did he switch to 40 juice brakes? Did he re-drill the hubs and drums? Cadillac bolt pattern is 5x5 and that 36 originally would have been a wide 5, unless he first switched to 40 drums which were 5x5.5. hmmmm....

I know you don't know the answers, I'm just wondering aloud.

Sancho likes this.
  3. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember reading a later article about him , when it came out. His pickup and yellow convert were unique and cool as well. I think it was in Rod Action , the issue is in my file cabinets...just might have to dig it out for a re- read.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  4. verde742

verde742

I remember him as an "old guy" who grabbed all the ''36 Ford parts he could find,
    when I had a younger man's face.
    extremely nice cars, never set the way I like 'em, had every "do dad" accessories that anybody ever whispered that "might have" been on a '36 Ford. J. C. Whitney crap included. Mirror, antenna s, extra, extra, : Chrome dash and such. Was in every Portland Roadster Show. Beautiful cars to fill the air with "O MY Gosh, how good would that be IF..............fill in the blanks
    AND if ONLY ........... fill in the blank...

wonder what happen to those beautiful old Fords ? somebody knows.....

5. V8RPU

V8RPU
    from Nor Cal

This car, the pickup, and the roadster are all in good shape and live a happy life. Mr. Doyle followed his own path and built his cars outside of the cookbook. Crazy colors, wild interiors with unique coverings, and hot engines. All were assembled with great care using only the best and n.o.s. parts, which at the time they were built were fairly easy to find.

verde742 likes this.
  6. sololobo

sololobo

my brother 2nd Chance on here has a son with a wife that inherited a huge 36 Ford collection. One of his crown jewels is a restored 4 door convert like this. Washington blue with brown leather interior flattie, all og and sweet. It was awarded a 10 point award at a big Ford shindig. They are stunning! Love this great article, thanx

7. verde742

verde742

So. where are the Fords? Did they lose a lot of their "charms ?"

8. flamingokid

flamingokid

IMHO, that car looks like a Volkswagen kit car with an interior out of the 1800's. :(