Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Memorial to Luke Forsberg[DILUSI] a HAMB Brother

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choprods, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Hello HAMB'rs,
    It is with deep regret I post this-I just recieved the word that our HAMB Brother -
    Luke Forsberg -[DILUSI] here on the board, has been killed in a work accident Friday March 25.

He was from N-East Kansas....a local service was held today there in his home area....
    He is survived by his wife and young children and a brother that I havd met and most likely others I did not know personally.
    I had known Luke only for a couple years, as I had done some work for him on his 53 Chevy.
    He was a fine young man and I really liked him and am proud to have known him for that short time.

I would like someone to help me set up a memorial fund/acct, for his wife and children to help out what we can here on the HAMB...Please do what you can do-
    I suppose PAYPAL would be the easiest way to contribute.
    Also if anyone wants to say some words of condolence -please add your comments....
    Could this please be "STICKY'D" to the top to help notice of it.... Thanks-all....
    /Kenny

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  2. Damnit Kenny, you don't post enough and to see you have to post the death of a young HAMBer sucks. RIP Luke

3. I'm not sure that I knrew Luke, perhaps but I am awful with names.

That doesn't take the sting out of it for his family. I am sorry for your loss. Nothing I can say will change a thing but be aware that I am thinking about you.

4. Man that's sad news, my heartfelt condolences to his family...

5. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

6. Can a Mod "Sticky" this /Up Top- please.....

7. the other me

the other me

My condolences to Lukes family and friends. RIP Luke...GODSPEED

8. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Great guy, always had fun hanging out with him at the Greaserama or anywhere else I saw him.
    My and my family's heartfelt condolences go out to his family.
    I'll gladly donate some prints/posters for auction if someone sets up a fund.

9. Ohhhhhh Man..... this is tough!

Kenny do you have a a paypal accnt?

I'd suggest setting one up for his family... God... may Luke rest in peace...!

Please pm me your phone number since my last phone that had your number got damaged...

10. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I knew him and he was a good dude. Very sad accident. RIP Luke.

11. adamshumard

adamshumard

my most sincere condolences

I don't mean for this to sound out of line, but maybe it could be mentioned what happened. Maybe it could keep someone else from having the same accident.

12. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

13. big creep

big creep

i will pray for him and his family! god bless them!

14. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Here's the story.

"The Kansas Highway Patrol on Monday was still investigating a Friday afternoon accident when a Hamm Inc. employee near Perry was killed when he was run over by a semitrailer in the parking lot, trooper Shawn Taylor said.
    According to a highway patrol report on Friday, 34-year-old Luke Forsberg of Oskaloosa, was crossing the parking lot from behind another truck when he was struck by a semitrailer driven by 47-year-old Larry J. Kopp, of Perry, who was not injured.
    The accident happened at 2 p.m. in a Hamm parking lot four miles east of Perry and near Williamstown on U.S. Highway 24-59.
    Taylor said the men involved were both Hamm employees. Forsberg was an electrician and Kopp had the proper license to drive a semitrailer, the trooper said.
    “In terms of why they didn’t see each other (in the parking lot), I’m still trying to piece that together,” Taylor said.
    Officers do not suspect foul play, he said. A Hamm official did not return a call seeking comment Monday."

15. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

This has all been on my mind since I heard the news Friday.

Luke hooked me up with a T5 for my truck and I talked with him over the phone a few times working out the details. Finally officially met him at last year's BBQ out in Abilene and hung out for a while at last year's HAMB drags.

INSTANT and strong vibe that he was just a good guy. I'm happy to have met him.

It's just not fair.

16. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Damn sad story....my condolences...not fair indeed

17. LITTLE CAR

LITTLE CAR

Very,Very,Sad!! best wish's to the family & they are in my prayers :( will watch for a fund address.

18. My condolences to his family. Just way too young.

19. NoSurf

NoSurf

I was shocked, and still am really.

I met Nate's brother Luke through him and Zach. We all hung out quite a bit at the HAMB-B-Q, the KKOA show, and the HAMB Drags.

[​IMG]

He was one of those guys you meet and you feel like you've known your whole life.

Last year when we left the KKOA show in Salina on Saturday afternoon, Nate drove my coupe over to Abilene with Mike barnfindt's son Mason riding shotgun. I rode with Luke in his '53 chevy. Somehow we got seperated from Nate and as I was trying to call him, the chevy stalled out on Ohio street and we pulled off to diagnose the problem. Zach was there in Nate's pickup. Right about the time we figured out the chevy was out of gas, Nate showed up getting himself unlost. We got some fuel in Luke's chevy and motored on Old Highway US 40 over to Kuntz Drive-In for burgers and shakes. Good memories I will always cherish.

Yesterday me and 2muchstuff and blacktopbudda went to Luke's service. It was very nice. Luke's '53 was parked under the porte-cochere. They had a great slideshow with lots of pictures. Both Zach and Nate got up and talked and told a few stories. The sermon was very good too. After when we had been ushered outside, most of the packed church were still standing about in the parking lot. Zach and Nate came out and fired up Lukes chevy, rapped the pipes several times, hit the flamethrowers a few times, and then cruised out and across in front of the church and off into the distance. It was perfect.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  20. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

i knew the guy for about 2 hours in a corn field in missouri, and i am still dumbfounded and shocked. such a blow when someone so young with a growing family and tons of friends is taken away. like kev said, it's just not fair.

21. It's hard, it really is. I appreciate the prayers and the support from all our friends and you guys know you mean a lot to me and you did to Luke too.

Kenny, Luke was so proud to tell everyone who did his chop.. "You don't know him but he's famous" he'd say.

We'll do the best we can,
    nate

22. NM Sandrail

NM Sandrail
    Member Emeritus

Glad that the services were nice.. Great touch with his '53 there. I would have been there, if closer. He was a great friend to everyone.. We have lost a mighty fine brother in the HAMB..

God Speed, Luke..

May the Good Lord comfort all of his family and that they will always cherish the great days that they had with him.... duane ( NM Sandrail)

23. orula

orula

I am very sorry for the sad event, my heartfelt condolences to his family and friends... <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

24. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Condolences to all....

25. Very saddened to hear this. He will be missed !! >>>>.

26. I cherish my friends and the people I meet on this gravel road. I too have spent a few HAMB-B-Q's and KKOA's with Luke. A great, kind, genuine man. I look forward to sharing memories with friends at the HAMB-B-Q in two weeks. He was so proud of that Chevy.

I am saddened, and I avoid arguing with reality, it only brings suffering. I trust he completed the work of his maker and there is yet another task ahead. Luke had a Good Soul, I'm better for knowing him and for that I am honored.

God Speed my Friend

27. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

good words, mike. nate, you are certainly in my prayers.

28. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

prayers for all,the semi driver too.

29. Kenny asked me to post my paypal address, it's [email protected] If you want to make a contribution to the family I'll make sure it gets to his wife Robin and she can do with it as she pleases.

Mostly though I know the family appreciates the prayers and thoughts, there are a lot of good people on the HAMB and it shows.

30. Heavy sigh. My prayers go out to Nate, his wife, kids and the rest of his family. :-(