Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A look back/ and forwards

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48ford, Dec 27, 2019.

1. grumpy65

grumpy65

That would be the correct thread, and a couple more.
    I, and a good many others I am sure, were more than a little concerned when Kerry disappeared off the face of the hamb. Very glad to hear that the reason was not a lot worse (you know how imagination can run wild).:eek: Many have danced at the edge of the OT precipice and survived. It is unfortunate that Kerry slipped (or was pushed). His experience, knowledge, and helpfulness was a potential gold mine for hambers to avail into the future. I may ask you (his wife) a question or two over time, if that is ok with you. Say hi to him and let him know that I wish him all the best.

May 2020 be all it can be to all.:D

Mimilan and Stogy like this.
  2. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Kerry, we miss ya!

Mimilan and Stogy like this.
  3. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This does sort of highlight training specifically geared to the Vintage Past IS a viable Career Option but sounds like that Market has been given up on as being Highlighting by the Administration of that Career Path Option is offered but not Promoted...Perhaps making an effort to Show that path rather than waiting for Students to Ask about it would Net more interest...That sounds bass ackwards in a way...How would a Student Know Hotrods when they weren't born into it to ask...

I think about it being niche but also think about the huge Aftermarket not being supported...All those huge dollar Vehicles need someone to tend to the Upkeep...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
    Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  4. carbking

carbking

This is certainly true, McPherson College immediately comes to mind. But not all automotive students live in Kansas!

It would seem that one lecture and one lab period would not significantly impact the curricula in a negative way; and would have the benefit of promoting understanding. If a student can actually see how a carburetor mechanically responds to changes in vacuum, then the student can have a better understanding of how the modern electronic whizbang is doing the same, and of debugging the new electronic whizbangs when they fail to function.

Yes, today, carburetor rebuilding is a niche market, but it definitely IS a market. For how long? I have no idea. I have been wondering that for 30 years! And we sell more carburetor kits than ever before.

Jon

Desoto291Hemi and Stogy like this.
  5. goldmountain

goldmountain

I remember being taught about carburetors, adjusting points, and polarizing generators way back when, but it mostly applied to my cars only.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. Don't worry about being left behind....they still ride horses don't they?
    We are just in an elite societal niche now.