Register now to get rid of these ads!

A little slow...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by dutchman, Aug 12, 2010.

1. dutchman

dutchman

Hello everyone,

At 1 year old I was naming the train cars, at two I picked up the names of the big rigs, and at three was figuring out car after car. To this day I have no idea how many different vehicles have been made in numerous option packages worldwide.

I love things that move! One of my best experiences was hearing the cackling pipes from over three hundred vintage race cars from Ferraris to Bugattis and supercharged Bentleys one after the other while sipping a nice chianti as they passed me by.

I have seen many interesting cars over the years, but they all leave a little dissatisfaction inside. Where has much of the ingenuity gone? We are all so caught up in the belief that current automatic/manual transmissions and electronic fuel control systems are going to give us the results we are looking for. They do... if you don't look very far.

Many of you will hate the opinions I have. If you have something interesting to share about a different type of drive, I want to hear it. Unusual fuels? I am game.

I love the beauty in the objects we create. Who would have imagined a '32 ford built still being interpreted 80 years later?

It is my dream to build a simple lightweight car from scratch. The old methods of adjustment on the fly still have some benefits. Using durable components from not just the auto industry is what I have in mind...

It is a pleasure to meet you all! I am looking forward to heated discussions about your automobiles and they way they make you crazy. Money pits, the lot of them.

2. Welcome from Arkansas...

3. 53Crestline

53Crestline

Welcome from Minnesota!

Register now to get rid of these ads!

4. Welcome aboard from Mayberry. Enjoy your time here.

5. missedmyexit

missedmyexit

Welcome from Fremont, CA. Lot's of good folk here!