Register now to get rid of these ads!

a little o/t:hidden swedish junkyard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Swedester, Sep 1, 2004.

1. kustomd

kustomd

Thats some kool looking stuff. I see rust is a problem over there to. What are those long looking grills I saw several of them in those pics the cars look like they are in the late 30's or 40's. I'd like to have one to modify and use in my A.

2. Muttley

Muttley

Nice find! There is some good looking stuff there. [​IMG]

3. dvlscoupe

dvlscoupe

Cool looking stuff. I think it would be interesting to go on a international jun yard tour. Imagine all the little things you could smuggle from different countrys.

4. the stainless tall ones is ford prefect,a 4 dr version of the anglia,the tall non stainless is anglia,I´m planning to take some of those whith me next time,including a anglia body or two.I was suposed to take more pic´s but forgot to change the digi cam to "low quality" so I only had room for 29pic´s,bummer.

5. Brooding Swede

Brooding Swede

See, Even Sweden has its bad places. Can you buy the land that has all that bad old rusty stuff on it. So , is legal to build your own cars/hot rod in Sweden agian? Thats some nice old stuff. Looks like the same kind rust that we get here in eastern KY. In Kentucky there is never enought metal left just small parts and pieces. It always takes a whole yard to build one car or truck. later, BS [​IMG]

6. v8minor

v8minor

Cool photos... I love places like that , all our old scrap yards are long gone,, any 49- 52 chevys..

7. there´s a few chevys,but I cant say for sure what years,there are a couple in from that era,and I think the 2 to that stands next to the 51 ford is 49-52,there are one restorable 53 4 dr,but I´m not a chevy guy,so I´ll leave them to someone else.the coolest car in my opinion,was so badly squesed so I didn´t even take any pics, it´s a 48 newyorker,whith a very long engine.

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Damn, Swedish weeds and trees look just like the weeds and trees in the U.S.
    Nice stash of stuff...

The long grilles someone asked about look like early Anglias.

Thanx for posting the pics...incredible amount of stuff.

R-

9. and there´s lot´s of it,a couple of years ago another entushiast camped out there for 2 weeks and photgraphed ALL cars there,he counted them,but I can´t remember the figure,but I think there were close to 800cars!

10. I'd have to have taken the Anglia grilles. They would make cool garage art if nothing else.

JH

11. Well

Now you know why the Swedes are such amazing car builders... Often the project they start out with is like the ones you see on these pictures.
    If you hand a Swede a rusted out ashtray from what ever car he (or she) would probably be able to restore it and build around the ashtray the whole car to an award winning work of art!!!!

Keep up the good work

Klaus

12. G Griffin

G Griffin

...Man!
    That just creams my corn...especially the "pile-up" shot.
    G.