Register now to get rid of these ads!

A Little HELP!!! Please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daleyracing, May 8, 2009.

1. daleyracing

daleyracing

Ok I am considering selling my project, can someone give me a realistic Idea of what its worth. It is chopped 7"s and channeled 4"s and the frame is Z'd. NO engine or trans mounts,hadn't got that far yet.

Thanks for the help
    Dennis

Attached Files:

2. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Why do you want to sell it ? I think it is coming along real nice . Put a SB with 3x2 and that will look great !

3. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Dont give up. That's one bitchin car. You will regret it .Later down the road. I f its a money issue. Go to the bank and get a loan ,But keep the car .

4. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

You asked... Add up what you paid for the car and all the parts you have to sell... There is your starting point. You got-a-do what ya got-ta-do, right?.... I whould do every thing to keep it...

5. Don't sell - you'll regret it later!! Go around the house and offload some other crap on eBay or Craigslist. That thing looks awesome, and all you need to do is get back out in the garage and FINISH it!

6. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Aside from the cost of the parts, there is quality of workmanship. I can't tell where you stand on that, but the point is that same car done by someone with no clue, skills, or sense would be worth nothing compared to the same done by someone like Bass or Kiwi Kev.
    In the end, value is strictly determined between buyer and seller. For your part, all you can do is decide the minimum you would accept. Beyond that, it is up to someine you have yet to meet.

Now go finish your car....

7. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

6 to 7 thousand

8. ardunpinto

ardunpinto
    from WACO tx

9. 69fury

69fury

if i were you i'd take nothing less than a 61Falcon Gasser rolling shell on a dropped straight axle. One that was built decades ago, and stored in a barn for 25 years. I just happen to have one...:D

10. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

In this market...who knows what it is worth or if someone will pay what its worth. doubt you would get the 6-7k range the way things are.

you would be better off holding it till things get better if you can or trade it for something else that you are interested in.

If you have to sell...promote it. put it on here, on craigs list, on ebay etc...more people that see it the more likely you will get a fair price for it.

For me. If I was looking for that style of vehicle I would be looking to pay in the 2-4k range in price.

11. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

Maybe 3500-5000 ish , depending on the quality of your work and how badly someone wants it. If you get offered 7, I'd take it in a second.

What would I pay? around 2500-3500 is what i'd like to pay. Like Lotus said, I'd refer to CL and ebay to get an idea of what something like this is selling for.

HAMBers are pretty thrifty when it comes to buying projects , so don't be shocked when you hear people are willing to pay less than you thought! ;-)