Register now to get rid of these ads!

A little help finding a thief

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaxx, Jan 4, 2009.

1. jaxx

jaxx

On Dec. 11 a 1948 ( 46 - 49 body style ) buick Sedanette was stolen from my adopted grandmother. Taken right from her property while she was at work. Some low life backed a rollback into the field and loaded up the car and an old tractor. Takes alot of ##### to steal a car in the middle of the day and ever more ##### to steal from an old lady. Since this is farm country here in Tennessee, this went unnoticed untill it was to late.
    Im asking the hot rod guys and gals out there to keep there ears open , and if they here of someone bragging on there latest barn find or super deal, please let me know. It is a 1948 buick 2 door sedanette with a straight 8 - all the glass is in it and the body was straight as an arrow - this is the fastback looking body. Now if the person that took this car would like the title - have them contact me and I would be glad to deliver it to them in person - Thanks _ Jaxx

2. 325w

325w
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Be sure you make a Police report. That will put the vin. number in the NCIC system in case they try to get a title. Yeah they might be dumb enough to use the real number.

3. captain j

captain j

Keep in contact with these people who sell "historical documents" if they have sold anything around that year and make. just and idea. hope you find something out, I hate f@@@ing theives. You work so hard for the things you have and some clown just takes them away from you and gets away with it most times.

4. BarneyO

BarneyO
    from here

Jaxx, I hope you intend delivering a few 357 slugs along with the title!!

5. Labold

Labold

I'll be sure to keep my eyes and ears open if anything shows up around my neck of the woods.
    Best of luck finding the scumbags.

6. NAILHEAD JONES

NAILHEAD JONES
    from Lomax ILL

some people just need a bullet between the eyes

7. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

Not that this makes the theft permissible but it was sitting in some field? Was it on her property or did the thief have any reason to think it was just abandoned there?

8. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

that's bullshit dude. hope you find the son of a bitch.

9. did you check the nearest scrap yard?

10. :rolleyes: I guess that it was 2008 not Dec. 11,1948! lol That really does suck, I hate a f****n thief................

11. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Have you got any pix you could post at the local scrap yards? Price of scrap is down, but unfortunatly stupidity is still high.

Any idea on the make and model of the tractor? Might help . . .

Good luck!

12. Chevytruckin98

Chevytruckin98
    from Tx

Worst thing in the world is a thief

13. dbradley

dbradley

It got REALLY bad back when the price of scrap steel was up. They'd take cars off the side of the road that had broke down. Right to the shredder for cash. If it was over 10 yrs old, no paperwork involved.

14. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Why wasnt this posted till now? HAMB is good, but giving the theives a month long head start?

15. jaxx

jaxx

I dont have any pics of her car as I am not a big Buick Fan - but this would have made a real nice ride - the car was flawless except fo sitting outside under the treee on her property right in front of her house - She recieved a call a couplke of days before it was stollen from someone asking if it was for sale - She told him that it was not for sale - the car was to go to the son or grandson. - I want to thank thr H A M B members for this responce - I am contacting some of guys I know from the Hoodlum Alley Gang right here in Shelbyville and having them keep a look out also - If this car surfaces, I sure would like to get it back for granny.

16. k9racer

k9racer

Offer a some what large reward. Theifs will roll over on their best friends for cash. Talk to the locals and find out which person is not quite legit. I go to the bail bond people they know all the theifs and their M.O. s. A friend found one at TVR and the scrap yard is proscuting the theif who sold them stolen goods.The car was a tolat loss because of the fork lift buy they gave it back to him no problem. Good Luck.. Bobby..also check your pm as I sent you one as not to post everything on the board...

17. James427

James427
    BANNED

I've had two stolen from me and taken right to the scrap yard. The scrappers know that they are stolen too so they make sure they crush them within the hour. I caught the guy that took mine and the cops did NOTHING! I had paperwork on the car, the yard said the guy brought my car to them the day it was stolen AND they had his info where they had paid him. Fucking Tennessee butthole cops are worthless. Glad I moved out of that godforsaken state last month.

18. Good luck on finding the car.

Free Bump

19. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

If a roll back truck was used try contacting tow companies in the area. Sometimes they hire shady and nefarious characters. Its not beyond belief that they would haul off a car like that.

Check with the scrap yards too. Around here they keep books on who brings what and how much. I have used this to track down theives in the past with some success. They are required to show a valid ID or Drivers license.
    Also get your local law enforcement involved. A hand written letter to the detective SGT or LT goes a long way at our place. If you can humanize the crime to those guys they might give it some extra attention. They have families, grandmother, and believe it or not old cars and hobbies.

I wish you the best of luck.

Wouldnt hold out much hope for the tape deck. Or the Creedance tapes.

20. I'll keep an eye out here in central NC. Good luck!

21. mx6262

mx6262

Hate to hear that, maybe if we're Lucky it will be in Charlotte at the swap meet this week end....PM me and I get your # if I see it.....Make a Plan:cool:

22. I hope ##### doesn't stand for balls, punk-ass is ####-###. Fucker took the tractor, too? What an asshole. Hope you get 'em.

23. Eye's open in Knoxville and I'll see a Buick before aything else because I am a big fan. Taking the tractor too makes me think scrap thieves though. I've been hit by low life scrap thieves too so I feel it with you. I think it's state law now that they have to put the VIN on a bill of sale with their DL number when they bring in a whole car. At least that's how they do it around here lately. I'd definitly make a police report and check with all the yards and try to catch the bumbs even if it's too late to recover the car. You never know though it might just turn up some day. Shooting is too good for some people.

24. Onelow34

Onelow34

Second that nailhead!!

25. Sounds like a good civil suit, where the burden of proof is lower. You may never see any money, but the guy will be screwed in a lot of ways until he does pay you. Name the scrapyard in the suit, too.

26. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

You might want to check with the phone company to see if you can back trace the number that called to see if the car was for sale. The caller just might turn out to be the thief. When you catch him, nail his nuts to a log and roll him over backwards.

27. uncle buck

uncle buck

Theft is theft no matter how you try to justify it.

28. von zipper

von zipper

Sounds like what the "scrapers" do up in my neck of the woods! only with kids bikes! they always seem to be on the top of the pile!

29. Get the police involved by all means..They have the power to get these phone records....seems like this would be first step in locating the car
    These phone records are your only ONLY clue as to where to start

30. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

will scout the car corrals at Ohio/Penn swap meets for you. save you in my contacts.
    Best ,Haney