Register now to get rid of these ads!

A little change never hurt anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oso64, Apr 28, 2007.

1. oso64

oso64

I had to get rid of my shaved white walls today.i got a flat thursday night, jacked up the wagon (a whole nother story) and took the tire to a local tire chain to get it patched.one look and the manager says ," oh, its shaved, we cann't work on those".i got a little pissed, and decided to get a set of thin white.i've had the wagon for more than 4 years and have always had thick white.it will take a little getting used to, but everyone says it looks good.not that big of a deal, just had to share. -Jimmy-

Attached Files:

2. vein

vein

yea! I too would be pissed, I still think it does look good!

3. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

JESSE JAMES would be PROUD!

4. Why "can't" this tire shop work on shaved tires? The minor amount of rubber taken off the sidewall should have no impact on the structure or safety of the tire. If the leak is in the sidewall nothing can be done regardless of if the tire is shaved of not.

Sounds to me like they just wanted to make a bigger sale.

5. oso64

oso64

well, here in wonderful custom car meca cali, if anything is modified, the major chain shops won't work on it.its all about liability.the hole was in the tread.not that big of a deal, i was planning on getting a new set anyway.and besides, i am going for that early bellflower look, thins seem to fallow that.like i said, it will just take some getting used to. thank, -Jimmy-

Attached Files:

6. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

By the time your Chev was a new car, the wide whites were passe anyway. Looks good.

7. metalman

metalman

Agreed, wide whites wouldn't be "era" correct for your wagon, a 1" to 1 1/2" would be. I hate those major chain tire stores, advertise free flat repair but always seem to find a reason you need new tires. Took a 2 year old Michelen in with 25.000 mile on it for a flat at my local Discount Tire, the manager said the tire was too dry rotted (?)to be safe anymore, refused to fix it and wanted to sell me 4 new ones at $800. Replaced them 1 1/2 years later at 48,000, never had any problems. No, I didn't go back to Discount, went back to the store that said no problem, fixed my flat. Won't deal with a shop that sells BS.