Register now to get rid of these ads!

A little about me...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 54_chevy, Feb 20, 2005.

1. 54_chevy

54_chevy

Hey all,

My name is Brian, and I am 27. I live here in Phoenix, AZ for the time being! I have always loved older type cars, especially Jeeps. I know that is not really Hot Rodding material. But the last few months I have had a burning desire to buy an old '54 Chevy Sedan and customize it, and hot rod it out! You have to start somewhere, right? So I was given this website from another guy on a differet forum...told me to check it out! So I have been reading, and looking through a lot of posts the last few days since I signed up!

Here is what I am looking to do:

1) Locate and old junker '54 chevy somewhere close to the Phoenix, AZ area. (hopefully someone will know of some "secret" junkyards around here)
    2) Learn about customizing, and hot rodding through different means (mainly this forum)
    3) start to customize the '54 chevy from the frame up!

So if any of you have suggestions, or discouragement...I would appreciate to hear it! I will eventually start a thread about all that someday! I am just letting you know my purpose for being here!

Thanks,
    Brian

2. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

Hello,and welcome!:D

3. robster

robster

Welcome to the HAMB

"...Jeeps. I know that is not really Hot Rodding material." Actually in the '70's here in New Zealand a bloke called Al Shadwick used to drag an early Willys jeep stuffed with a 4-71 blown sbc - it ripped - many older guys out here have fond memories of it and it was definately a hot rod!

Good luck on the '54 chevy.

4. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

hey 54 welcome aboard....there is a lot of guys here from phoenix. i'm sure these guys could help you out locating somethin' good luck! see ya around.

_T

5. Slide

Slide

Welcome!

As far as a project, if it's your first journey into the building of an old car, I'd strongly recommend that you get yourself a runnin' drivin' car (or close to it). 54 Chevys in stock form will even drive OK with modern roads/traffic. That way you can work on the car and drive it some while you build up your skills. You also get to enjoy the car a little during the build process. Keep an eye on the HAMB classifieds for what you want... and good luck!