Register now to get rid of these ads!

A legends Business caught fire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gr8ness13, Jul 4, 2009.

1. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A little off topic but But being one of the greats in the industry and one of my heroes I thought it was sad I Just saw this on the news....

SACRAMENTO, CA - An auxiliary building at Bertolucci's Body and Fender auto body shop was damaged by fire early Friday morning. The two-alarm fire was reported just before 3 a.m. in the 1700 block of 34th Street in Sacramento.

According to Sacramento City Fire Captain Jim Doucette, it appears the fire started between the body shop building and a vacant building next door. Doucette says auto body shop fires are always risky because of the paints and other chemicals used in the facilities.

Firefighters say no injuries were reported in the Friday morning fire, and the cause is still under investigation. They add Bertolucci's main building is one block away on Stockton Blvd. and was not damaged.

According to the shop's Web site, Dick Bertolucci first opened the business in 1948. Bertolucci and other family members were on the scene after the fire was put out to get a first-hand look at the damage.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  2. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Damn man i saw a blurb this morning on 31 and thought to myself hope its not bertoluccis!they did not say exactly other than there were damaged cars,hopefully they were wrong!

3. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They said on tonights news that the other shop of his next door did not get damaged thanks to fast response time. But from the video it probably would be a complete rebuild of this one. Sad to hear this happened to such a great guy.

4. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Man,I hate to hear these kind of stories.Hope no one was hurt and no cars got damaged.

5. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Was this the building that housed his car collection?

6. Big Tony

Big Tony

Hell of a way to start a celebration weekend. Glad nobody was hurt. What kind of cars did he have in his collection? Hope they are safe as well.

7. rick finch

rick finch

His personal cars were not involved...

8. rodncustom

rodncustom

From my understanding there were two cars that got damaged. I do not know to what degree.

9. RDR

RDR

To Dick Bertolucci, a real gentleman and craftsman...my condolences go out to you and your family...from another Inliner.... who met you at Eriks' house in Eugene when you picked up your old '38 (by the way Erik passed away this last year)

10. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From my understanding this was just his body shop the other building was safe.

11. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Form what I saw on the local news. They said 4 cars involved and one they paned the camera by was a late model whatever pile.

12. Thelittlelizard

Thelittlelizard
    from Sacramento

It's my understanding that the cars involved were customers. It's been asserted that after the insurance issue is resolved they'll rebuild? It would be my hope they do so, Dick seemed to be doing the best he can from the T.V. footage I observed. He actually looked better than my recollection of him when he came in to see Don before he passed. I'm sure Dick and the kids will get it handled as soon as they can.

Video and report courtesy of cbs13, at web page below

http://cbs13.com/breakingnews/bertoluccis.auto.fire.2.1070202.html

Video and report courtesy kcra3, and kcra3.com, at web page below

http://www.kcra.com/video/19940447/index.html

Last edited: Jul 4, 2009