Register now to get rid of these ads!

A horrible near miss

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rob68, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Nothing moves quicker than an unwatched kid! Fortunately I've got daughters and unless i paint the chevy pink and cover it in sequins theyre unlikely to go anywhere near it! Boys are attracted to danger like moths to a flame!

2. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

OP, didn't see anything about a hug? Your son is much more precious than anything you have in the garage.

3. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

Oh my god, too terrifying. Ok, here, try this on, see if it fits,

You posted this for others, as a cautionary tale. Someone, somewhere will remember this story and someone, somewhere will be saved from a dangerous situation.

All the best,
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

5. Rob68

Rob68

He did get a bunch of hugs from me and the wife.

6. Rob68

Rob68

7. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

The title of your discussion is "horrible near miss". I think it was a fortunate near miss. Horrible would have been if..... well, you know.

8. madmike8

madmike8
    from Tennessee

I'm glad Your son wasn't seriously hurt. I don't have any children of my own, but I've been through a couple near misses with my nieces and nephews. I've never felt as scared as when those happened. I know those life lessons were well learned.

9. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

what did mamma have to say?

10. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

Last week I almost had a near miss of my own of similar circumstance. The rear driver side tire on my '53 210 scrubs a little if I hit a bump. I jacked the car up by the frame to drop the rear tire so I could look in from behind and see exactly what was rubbing. Didn't bother with a jack stand since it was only going to be up a minute. I had pulled my head out only a few seconds earlier when the floor jack unexpectedly gave up. It didn't come slamming down, but it was quick enough that if my head had still been in there I wouldn't have gotten it out in time. I was SOOOOO pissed at myself. I know better.

Thank GOD your son wasn't hurt. I don't know if I could ever forgive myself if anything ever happened to my son at my hand, and I'm glad you don't have to deal with that kind of pain and guilt. No one should ever have to.

11. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Thanks for telling us about what happened. This will make the rest of be more careful.

12. pila38

pila38

I have twin two year old girls, and they are not allowed near the garage at all right now. However, when they get older I want to be able to bring them out there and teach them about what I enjoy doing. Hearing this, we'll have some clear ground rules for helping. (That's if I can even get either of them out there!)

13. Model T1

Model T1

Having raised four rugrats I am familiar with how they move in an instant. A happy ending to what we don't even want to think about could have happened.
    Hopefully your post will make others look around and make some rules while working on their junk! If just one dad takes time to look once more before lowering a jack or moving a car, your post was worth it! THANKS.